10 | a gift given... or received?

Jungkook' s POV

*THE NEXT DAY | 8: 15 PM*

My phone buzzed and a smile sneaked onto my lips as I saw the text notification was from Y/N.

Pink Cheeks ~ I'll meet you at the sale in Myeongdong, okay? 9PM

Although, a bit confused, I nevertheless replied with an 'okay, on my way' and picked up my car keys, driving straight to the address she'd sent me. I did realise she could have accidentally sent the message to me but since I had gotten no reply from her, I didn't want to take any chances.

Reaching there, I waited around for a while, taking in the surroundings while keeping an eye out for Y/N.

I couldn't really understand why she had to visit this market of all places, and at this time.

She'd mentioned was some sale, but now that I was here, every shop and every restaurant seemed to have a sale.

Deciding to check the address once again, I typed in the shop number this time and stared at the screen of the GPS as it directed me towards Etude House.

Confused and a bit perplexed, I drove a little farther until I was parked right beside the glittering cosmetics shop, the mirrored, golden display of the huge building demanding my attention as my eyes raked over the huge, fancy banners of sale placed in front of the store.

A lot of people seemed to be lining at the shopfront already and yet Y/N was nowhere to be seen.

I shook my head. It was pointless looking for her here.

She didn't even wear makeup. I knew for sure because every time I'd kissed her until now, her skin had smelled of clean moisturiser and her lips had tasted like strawberry balm. Even from up-close, her skin was always free of concealing creams and glowed like glass, all of her so-called 'imperfections' showing through.

Imperfections that I craved to smooth my fingers over and kiss until she blushed like a tomato.

Grinning to myself like a lovestruck idiot, I licked my lips unconsciously reminiscing the little kisses I'd stolen from her throughout our afternoon date today.

After yesterday's date, I had really wanted to take her out again and we'd ended up at a cafe where she'd slowly and hesitantly let me kiss her, even kissing me back until all the ice in our cold coffee had melted.

And oh, how fucking beautiful she'd looked sitting across from me, a dazed smile plastered on her full, rosy lips as she blushed and pushed her hair back, shyly sipping on our shared drink from her straw.

I groaned dramatically and threw my head back onto the seat. If only I'd never bullied her in the first place and just simply confessed to her without making her life hell, we'd have been doing much more than just kissing right now.

My head shot up as I finally spotted Y/N walking towards the queue. She seemed to have a companion—a friendly-looking girl that looked about her age and together the two of them joined the queue, talking animatedly.

A smile automatically made its way onto my lips as I noticed Y/N smiling and talking happily to the girl, even though I felt a bit jealous. She hardly ever laughed like that around me and she never talked to me that freely.

Suppressing the petty emotion, I squinted to concentrate as the other girl pointed to her cheeks. Y/N seemed to nod understandingly and rubbed the girl's back as the two of them moved further in the line, disappearing from my view.

Y/N's POV

Chanmi was so much nicer than I'd expected. Even though we were actually meeting for the first time, we understood each other's struggles well and resonated with each other.