7 | the medicine to her pain

Y/N's POV

Stunned by his loud, authoritative tone, I found myself staring at Jungkook's handsome face as he advanced towards me determinedly.

As if in a trance, I didn't oppose him even when his arms wrapped around my waist and he hoisted me up to set me on the counter, his eyes roving over my body panicked.

When he pulled off my camisole in one swift move off my body, I could only stare at his brown orbs that didn't even once try to stare at my half-naked body.

His hands came to rest on my waist, his fingers gently caressing my skin. "Are you affected somewhere else? Do we need to get the pants off?" He questioned with a straight face, looking at me urgently as sprayed something on my arms.

I recognised it as my anti-inflammatory and anti-itch spray. That was when I realised that I was still in pain.

Even though the itch in my arms had now subsided to a subtle throb, my face was still extremely hot and red.

I had been so occupied with absorbing the shock of Jungkook being here that for a moment I'd almost forgotten that my skin was burning and stinging and that I needed to itch.

Biting my lip, I ignored all common sense and all medical advice and raised my fingers to my face, ready to scratch the pain away even if that meant itching till I bled.

"Don't you dare do that!" Jungkook glared at me, smacking my hand away from my face as he gripped my chin in his hand, quickly gaining in on me, his distressed but concerned eyes taking in the mess of my face as he towered over me. "You're in a lot of pain, aren't you?" His voice was full of indescribable sorrow as he gazed down at me, swiping a thumb gently over my cheek.

I closed my eyes as tears slipped down my cheeks. "Please don't touch me." I whispered. He couldn't see me like this. He didn't deserve to have to see something as vile and revolting as this.

"You don't deserve to go through this." I heard Jungkook whisper as he pressed his forehead to mine, his fingers moving continuously over my cheeks, then trailing over my aching arms.

My breath hitched as I felt him lean in extremely close to me, his lips barely inches away from mine.

There was something extremely cool and wet on my cheeks and then, I finally felt the smell hit me. It was my topical ointment.

My throat choked up with gratitude and so many other emotions. Jungkook had somehow kept me distracted while he had done something that not even my mother could do for me, without feeling repulsed at all.

Jungkook had no idea what my disease was since I'd never told him out of fear of being bullied but here he was, paying no mind to whether or not my problem was infectious and just touching me casually without any inhibitions.

This careless but nevertheless empathetic gesture of his, had moved something deep inside me but I couldn't lay a finger on it. All I knew that he'd inevitably earned so much respect for himself that I was never going to be able to hate him anymore.

"Thank you," I mumbled slowly, opening my eyes to find him already staring into mine, his expressions unreadable. But he made no effort to move away from me, his hands cupping my face ever so gently as we both blinked at each other, swallowing hard.

"For what?" He finally asked, pulling away a little.

"For not being disgusted."

Jungkook didn't answer. "Do I need to put something more on your face? Sunblock? Moisturiser?" He questioned, picking up various tubes lying scattered near us. "There's so many things here."

Silently, I shook my head, feeling relaxed as the medicine did its work.

Jungkook's eyes lifted to my face, his cheeks looking flushed all of a sudden. "You don't need to thank me." He shook his head, wiping his hands on the tissue that I hesitantly handed him. "I don't know what you're suffering from but you can consider this an apology for all the bad things I've said or done to you in the past." He smiled a little.

I nodded. "Thank you, still." I mumbled, shrugging. "No one would have done this for me."

"I won't hesitate to do this again and again, if that means that you can let me be around you without hating me"

"I don't hate you." I cut him off. "I can probably never forget how you...erm bullied me." I spoke hesitantly. "But I'm willing to put it past me."

Jungkook smiled a little, still looking a little guilty as if he was still hiding something from me, almost as if he wanted to explain himself more, but when he didn't say anything and the silence between us started growing heated again, I quickly pulled my gaze away from his and held my hand out in his direction.

"My clothes." I whispered.

"Right." He gulped.

Then he did something I never expected.

But then again, he was doing a lot of unexpected things these days.

Taking off his dark denim jacket, he pulled off his oversized T-shirt off his body and chucked it to me.

"Wear this." He murmured, putting his jacket back on, buttoning it up to cover his toned upper body.

"But my clothes—" I began, hesitantly fingering the soft fabric of his undoubtedly designer shirt.

"You can't wear them again. Wear this for now, no camisole. It's oversized too." He coughed, scratching his neck awkwardly, his eyes trailing to my bra. "T-That way you won't feel hot and the skin won't flare up again. Also—" Bashfully, handing me the sunblock he turned around. "Put this on too. Change and come out. I'll be waiting outside."

Jungkook's POV

As I practically rushed out of the girl's washroom, my mind filled with a thousand questions, I saw Minjae and Somin standing outside with a few students trailing behind whispering amongst themselves as they pointed at me.

Rolling my eyes, I perched myself against the wall, prepared to ignore them.

But it was Somin who marched forward, her obnoxiously loud heels clicking.

"Why did you come out of here?" She confronted me, her arms crossed.

I narrowed my eyes at her. "I should tell you because?"

Somin sputtered. "B-Because it's obviously wrong!" She exclaimed angrily. "It's a girl's washroom."

I smirked. "What about when you're fucking in the boy's washroom? Isn't that wrong?"

Everyone snickered as Minjae stepped forward, opening his mouth as if to say something but I held up a hand.

"Don't even bother saying anything, dude. I'm done with all the shit you keep pulling."

Minjae looked offended. "That's what I'm trying to tell you, Jungkook-ah. For once, bringing all these students here is not my doing." He muttered. "I'm not yet idiotic enough to go around sabotaging my best friend's relationship. I do have conscience...even if it may not feel like it." He whispered guilty and my lips quirked.

Now this was the Minjae I knew and loved.