3: Snow Flower

You were considered Kazahana Village's local Yukionna.

Despite the most common urban legend of the Yukionna, you were born with a curse that allowed you to manipulate ice and snow. Thus, the villagers of Kazahana dubbed you the Yukionna.

As a child, you struggled to find your place among the other kids in your village, facing taunts and teasing that made you feel like an outsider. However, as time passed and you matured, the perception of you changed, especially among the men in the community who began to notice your beauty. Their romantic gestures and proposals of marriage came as a surprise, considering how you once felt like an outcast among your peers.

For once, you'd felt loved and appreciated; however, due to your wintry curse, many would end up abandoning you, breaking your heart, and leaving you feeling alone and bitter. Despite the fleeting moments of joy and warmth that you experienced, the inevitable pain of rejection and loneliness crept in, overshadowing any sense of happiness.

Your family had eventually disowned you since they could no longer support you financially, so for the next several months, you'd spent your life alone, living on your own in misery.

The bittersweet taste of being loved and then abandoned lingered in your heart, creating a deep sense of longing for the fleeting moments of connection that had slipped away from your grasp. The cold, harsh reality of your wintry curse seemed to freeze any hope of finding lasting love and companionship, leaving you stranded in a desolate landscape of solitude and bitterness.

However, it wasn't long until you'd met and had been found by the village priestess, Lady Otsune Fukasawa, who'd taken you under her wing and raised you. She became a mother figure to you and was the only friend you had in this cold, forsaken land.

Living with her was the only time you'd felt truly happy and loved. Yet, there were still times you'd felt lonely and yearned to have someone to love and share your life with. Though you did have many suitors, however, due to your curse, your relationships will always end in treachery and heartbreak.

No matter how many times they called you beautiful or said, "I love you," it left you in tears. You thought there would never be anyone who could love and accept you for who you are, and it made you angry.

It was then that Lady Otsune proposed a trial to help you find your "Mr. Right." A variety of tests to see who has what it takes to be worthy of your love. Though you had your doubts after seeing how many have failed, with some giving up after the first test.

Eventually, you just grew frustrated and decided that you didn't need a soulmate. So for the next several months, you had been using your winter abilities to terrorize and create small snowstorms to throw unwanted travelers, who sought to take the trial, off the path towards the temple.

It wasn't long when you started hearing the villagers tell rumors of demon sightings near Mt. Yukiyama and reports of people going missing.

The thought of a demon in Kazahana village made you wary of everyone, since demons were said to look completely human, can shape-shift, are dangerous, and would kill a person without mercy.

The thought of encountering such a fiend frightens you.

Then, he arrived!