Chapter 2

Chleo's POV

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Chleo's POV

I got up at 4am and 45 minutes later I was en route to Cape Town and already missing home. If it was up to me I would have taken the bus to Cape Town. But then I'll have to uber to and from work everyday which will cost me a small fortune. Cape Town may be beautiful and there may be more things to do but home is home, it's true what they say there's no place like home. I've hardly seen my family these past two months as my job requires a lot of traveling not that I'm complaining I look at it as a mini all expenses paid vacation since I work for the most chilled boss ever, Mr Russo.

He must have been a fine young man in his days, and even now he still got women drooling over him. I see how they somtimes flirt with him but he has eyes for only one woman his beautiful wife. I don't think I've ever seen her without a smile. She can still pass for a 27 year old super model, ok maybe not 27 but she dont look a day older then 35.

"Must be nice to be God's favourite. I can hardly eat a piece of chocolate and then have to gym for a month". Talking to myself while Im pulling up to the red traffic ligh as Im about to enter Melkbosstrand I didn't even notice that I've reached Cape Town just a 50 more minutes with all this traffic till I reach the CBD.

"Maybe even quicker if there's not too much traffic ahead " I said to myself. I decided to turn up the volume when my favourite song of Youngsta CPT started playing on the radio. Singing along at the top of my lungs.

This ones for my coloured girls, not for any other girls
I think you're so beautiful, you should be the cover girl
This ones for my coloured girls, not for any other girls
I think you're so beautiful, you should be the cover girl
I'm looking for a brown girl, brown girl
A pretty brown brown, pretty brown brown
Pretty brown brown, pretty brown brown

I got a feeling that someone was watching me and to my right I saw an elderly lady staring at me like I've grown a second head. "Good morning Karen" I waved at her before I drove off. One thing I sure didn't miss about this place is the taxi's that drive as if the road belongs to them. For the past 10 minutes I probably cursed more that I have in these past two months. A whole 20 min later and I have reached my destination . All I need now is a nice hot shower and some pizza but unfortunately for me I can only afford a quick shower and a outfit change if I want to make it in the for work.

__________________________________

I reached Russo Corp at exactly 7:55am with 5 minutes to spare as the security guard just returned from his moring checks, I greeted the middle aged man polity as he greeted me back we had a small conversation on how his weekend went as we walk along the empty corridor that was slowly filling up with other employees. Working at Russo Corp I have gotten to know a little more about the employees and it really helped that most of the staff is so friendly and welcoming. I always come in early the day after long weekends or any weekend that is but today is not my day and I do not want surprises that might throw off our whole day or even week. I've been so busy with work that I did not hear the knock on my office door.

"Good morning Miss Smith, here is your coffee black with 3 sugars and Mr Russo is requesting your presence in his office in 5 minutes". Jade my assistant a short hippy girl with her blond hair in a short pixi haircut making her look so adorable and half her age.

I looked at the time and saw that it is 8:15am. "Thank you Jade you're a life saver. Waaaaait a minute you called me Miss Smith and you brought me coffee from the cafe and not that office junk. Ok what do you want?" I asked her raising my right eyebrow at her playfully.

Giving me the best puppy dog eyes she can master " Can I leave early today pleaaaaaaaaaase pretty pleasaaaaaaaaaaaase"
"Sure we don't have much to do today I've already checked" storming over to my side of the table for a big and a kiss on the cheek. Yes she's a hugger and sometimes she gets too excited
"You are the best" she literaly screamed and nearly knocking me out of my seat.

Fallingजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें