Chapter 27

Chleo's POV

Chleo's POV

Why is my pillow so hard. I don't even know how I made it to bed last night last thing I remember is watching movie with Kai. "Would you stop moving" came a raspy sleepy voice I almost screamed...almost. "Kai?" I said. "Yeah ?"Came his response. "Why are you in my bed?" I asked him.

Only then he finally opened his eyes and looked a bit confused in the moonlight. "You fell asleep about 20 minutes into the movie so I carried you here and put you in bed when you asked me to stay" he said and quickly added. "I promise I didn't do anything. I'd get up and go sleep in my room if that's what you want?". He said. "No it's ok it's already what past 2:00 am and your bed is cold you'll struggle to fall asleep again" I found myself saying. Really. You'll struggle to fall asleep again.

"Good now close your eyes we got a lot of work later."he said. "But you said I can work from home" I began. "Yeah we both are" he said. "Aaaawh my boss is afraid to leave my side" I joked.

"Watch it missy. Come on let's get some sleep." He said. "Ok" and I did what I was told. It was already 8am when I woke up and he was gone if it wasn't for his scent he that's left behind I would have thought that it was a dream. I got up and did my morning routine followed by a quick shower got dressed in comfortable clothes and was ready for the day.

"Coffee Miss Chleo?" Mary asked when I entered the kitchen. "Yes please" I said to her. "Anything you'd like for breakfast so I can tell the chef to prepare you some" she asked. "No don't worry I'll have some granola and yogurt. How was your weekend? You stayed this weekend to help the new lady right?" I asked her. I remember she mentioned something about a new girl coming to work. "Yes I did she's a very sharp girl so it didn't take me as long as I thought thought it would. So I got a little me time. Shhhh don't tell the boss" she joked. "My lips are sealed" I said laughing. "Im in my room if you're looking for me" I told her. I took my breakfast and coffee to my room I need to attend to some emails.

I haven't touch my phone in almost 24 hours. Shoooooot! I forgot about my date with Levi. I have received 4 missed calls and two test messages. I quickly send him an apology and told him something came up. I felt so bad. I then proceed with my work and messaged Fei Fei that Im working from home. Talking about home I really need to start looking for an apartment.

__________________________________

I kept myself busy with work all morning Fei Fei came to drop of some files around lunch and she stayed for a while and told me how her family is getting ready for Chinese New year's and how she is not in the mood for her aunts 1000 questions. I guess it happens in all families. The 'when are you getting married?, when are you having babies? Why are you do skinny you work to much and don't cook' questions. I really feel for her there but it must be nice also to see your relatives. She told me that the family gives each other turns to host New year's so last year they went to China and this year her relatives will join them here in America. She's a very nice girl I thought I was bubbly but she beats me to it I probably know her entire family history by now.

Lucky for me there's no meetings to attend so I managed to finish a lot of work then I end looking at apartments. Or maybe I should get a small home. Surfing the internet till I heard a knock on the door. "Come in" I said. "Hey it's almost 6 Im done for the day. Anything you'd like for dinner?" Kai asked as he entered and joined me on the couch.

"Im in the mood for sea food" I said. "Ok cool. Are you still busy working?" He asked. "No Im just looking at apartments. Why do you have a dress shirt and joggers on?" I asked him. "Virtual meeting. Wait did you say you're looking at apartments?" He asked. "Yes, I think it's bout time" I told him. I continued looking at apartments and look up and saw that I was alone. When did he leave