Chapter 4

Chleo's POV

Chleo's POV

Talking with my mom yesterday calmed me down a little. I love my family and the thought of being so far away from them is scary. My mom gave me a few words of encouragement that will help me through my day. I guess my mom told everyone at home because the twins have been blasting my phone.

Cassy: duuuude Mammie (Mommy) told us about your promotion you should like so take it 🥺
Tee: Bruh if it was me I would have been gone.✈🗽
Cassy: Tee why do you always make everything about you. But sis think of all the clothes you could send me
Tee: 😒 and you're telling me that I make everything about myself
Me: Both of you it's way to early for this! But thanks for letting me know that you would miss me 😒😭
Tee: aaawh we will miss you big sis ❤ right Cass?. And we will visit and you and you'll visit us.
Cassy: Of cause sis we will. I can't wait to meet a hot American guy😢
Me: Cass I have not even made my mind up yet. But thanks guys I love you ❤

Locking my phone and throwing it on the bed. Getting up to take a quick shower and going over my skincare routine. Getting dressed in my favourite pants suite and pump heels I put my braids in a high bun. Minimal make up and Im good to go. Yass girl go kick some ass.

It's a quiet morning at the office and everyone seems to be taking the opportunity to have coffee and light conversation with eachother. Thinking about the promotion there's one thing I wish more than anything. I wish I could have shared the news with my best friend. A lone tear escaped my eyes as I was thinking about the good old days before cancer took her from me. I miss you Stacey.
__________________________________

"Thank you Miss Green, I have confirmed with Mr Russo and he will attend the meeting at 1pm. I went over the updated contract and everything looks perfect, Ill have Mr Russo go over it and sign it. I will let you know if anything should come up before then" I said over the phone to Mr Swartz's PA one of our important clients. "Thanks again have a nice day" I said and putting the phone back on the receiver.

"Great now that's done. I can start drafting these new employment contracts for the new interns." I said to myself. "You know you should stop talking to yourself right, people will think that you're crazy" Jade said standing in the doorway giving me a minor heart attack. She has this tendency of sneaking up on people and she doesnt do it on purpose, she could go join the Stealth Force in Bleach .

"Girl do you want to send me into an early grave" I said grabbing my chest. "Myself and Kyle are going out for lunch wanna join?" She said taking the chair opposite me. Kyle is an intern in the finance department that started six months ago that sometimes gives me and Jade a hand when we are knee deep in work. His hardworking and very handsome but he sorry ladies he swings the other way. "Sure only if we go to nando's Im in the mood for some Fiesta fries. And treats from dunkin' donuts" I said my mouth watering just thinking about it. "Yup but you're paying for the treats. Let me go get Kyle" she said giving me her biggest grin ever. I just laughed and shake my head. Jade and Kyle reminds me of the twins sometimes and me cope when I miss home.