Chapter 40

Kai's POV

Kai's POV

It's been a week and there has not been much changes except that she's breathing on her own it's a good sign they say. A good sign is seeing her gorgous smile, a good sign is hearing her laugh, a good sign is her telling me corny jokes, a good sign is her eyes open and looking at me. Come on baby open your eyes, we still got a lot do toghether. "I was sitting by your window when I saw the cutest puppy. You would have probably ran up to the couple to hold their dog. When you wake up we can get whatever puppy you want... I had that dream again being woken up mini versions  of us. A big brown eyed girl and a messy haird boy. In the dream they were the sweetest kids. The little girl had me wrapped around her finger. I hope that it will come true one day then I'd have two girls that got me wrapped around their finger, and a partner to play video games with. Wouldn't that be nice my love. So please wake up." I said the last part nearly out of breath.

She had a few seizures the doctors said it's cause of her head injuring the only positive thing is that the swelling came down bout 90 percent.

I finally got the courage to tell her parents the truth about the accident. Mr Moeketsi was this close to beating me up if his wife didnt interfere, he accused me of putting their daughter in danger and it's true, it's all my fault. I sat day and night outside the her hospital room because her dad didnt want me anywhere close to her cant blame, Mrs Moeketsi already apologized on this behalf saying he is only saying this because his hurt and I Should wait till he have calmed down, she didnt need to but I understand.

My dad also came few days ago and had been at the hospital a couple of times to check up on Chleo, but Im sure he came because mainly because I have not been paying attention to our businesses. "Son you need to go home and bath and eat something" he said to me. "I cant leave her alone here, I need to know she's ok. I need to be here when she wakes up" I said holding her hand. "Your father's right Lise has always been a fighter since she was born from a tiny baby that came two months before her due date, but here she is strong as ever and still fighting. So you have to be strong for her too and that means taking care of your health to." Her dad said walking in the hospital room, he forgave me yesterday and apologized for his behavior towards me. I'd probably do the same or maybe even worse if it was my daughter. "But I.." I started talking but he cut me off. "No buts listen to your father or I wont let you back in here if you don't look after yourself. I dont want Lise to be angry with me for not looking after you" he said to me raising his eyebrows at me. "Ok I'll be back in two hours" I said not really wanting to go. "Yes go I'll let you know if there's any changes" this time it was my dad.

I guess my dad was right, I needed some fresh air and a few minutes to myself looking at myself in the mirror I look like a cave man. I took a shower, shaved and got dressed in comfortable clothes then headed to the kitchen to make myself something to eat.

"Man why don't you answer your phone" Chad said entering the kitchen. I took out my phone off my pockets and saw that the battery had died. "Battery died" I told him. "Anyway detective Brooks and Ethan will be here soon with some news. How is she today?" He asked . "Nothing new yet." I told him when heard the door bell ring detective Brooks, followed shortly by Ethan.

"Hi. Come inside." I told them. "Good day I hope Im not disturbing but what I need to tell you can't wait any longer " he said. "Did you find this Gio person" Chad asked. "Not only did we find him we got to know who hired him." Ethan said. "Who" I asked him. "Levi Brown and Kimberly Johnson?" He said I think I heard him wrong.

"Would you repeat what you just said?" I told him. "In my years of experience I am not surprised it's always the people we least suspect, and thats not all they are behind the death of Mckenzie and your unborn child. It was no accident"He said.

"What?!" This was getting too much for me. "So my dad's offspring and that witch did this to Chleo? To McKenzie?" Chad asked with is voice laced with anger.

I don't know how to feel. Happy cause they caught the person behind the attack or mad that it's people that I trusted that she trusted. The fact that I believed for 3 years that I killed my family.

I was furious.

________________________________

"You don't know how sorry and ashamed I am" Chad apologised for the past hour. "Its not your fault and how would you have known if I didn't even know that they've been seeing each other for years. Nothing would change between us you will forever remain my brother. Our problem is we see good in everyone. You didn't see it in Kim though" I told him. "And you Levi" he said making us both give a dry laugh.

"Yeah you were trying to be a better brother to him and I tried to convince everyone that Kim is a nice person just misunderstood" I sighed.

On my way back to the hospital an hour later. Chad didn't want to join he said he needed a moment by himself.

I arrived at the hospital and her whole family and mine is busy camping out in her room. Cassy is braiding Chloe's hair, she looked so beautiful and peaceful. "You clean up nicely. Now I can see the handsome youngman my daughter fell for" Mrs Moeketsi joked making my face turn red. "Evening Mrs Moeketsi how are you?" I asked . "You're making me sound very old, I told you to call me Alicia. But under the circumstances I am good" She said with a sad smile. "I've got some good sad news, if that makes sense" I said getting everyone's attention.

"The reason I took so long to return is because I got a visit from detective Brooks and Ethan, they caught the people that did this to Chleo."I told them. "Thank Goodness" I heard her mom say. "Who was it" my mom asked

"Kimberly and Levi" I said and I could see the shock on my parents face and the confusion on the Moeketsi's. "Kim was my on and off I wouldn't say girlfriend but we saw each other and Levi is Chad's older brother. The both of them is also responsible for McKenzie's death" I said and my looked like she's going to faint. Thabang that have been quietly sitting on the window sill started speaking. "Wait who is McKenzie?  She your wife or something? " he asked. "She was my girlfriend at the time and six months pregnant, we were on our way to break the news to my parents and I was going to propose to that they when the accident that we now know was not an accident happend" I told them. "Sounds like something out of a movie. This Kim girl must be really obsessed with you, to wipe every woman you have out of her way" he came to his own conclusion, and I have not even thought about it that way.

"Mom! Mom! Mom! CHLEO JUST MOVED HER HAND!" Cassy basically screamed with excitement that drawn everyone's  attention. "Chleo baby if you can hear my voice, if you can hear mom's voice squeez my hand and if you can baby open your eyes" she said with a voice full of emotions. A minute passed that felt like an hour, Chleo slowly opened her eyes.