Chapter 7

Chleo's POV

Chleo's POV

It's Monday morning and I could no longer stall, I have to call Mr Russo and give him an answer today still, luckily I don't have to drive to Cape Town the offices are closed till after the festive season which is a week after New Year. So Im going to spend the holidays with my family and catch up on some series on Netflix. Time to face the music. Reaching for my phone I don't know if I should text or call Mr Russo, I finally made up my mind and gave him a call to give him my answer which was Yes, to which he was so happy that he would like me to take the first flight but instead gave me an extra week off to spend with my family.

These two weeks felt like two days and I hate goodbye's the last time I said goodbye to someone it was forever. Cancer took my bestfriend from me and I had to say goodbye to Stacey, forever. We had been bestfriend since first grade our teacher, Miss Brooke had put us together at the same table and we had matching pencil cases the rest was history. She wasn't just my best friend she was my sister. There was a time when we would have pretended to be twins cause we were jealous of the twins for being twins can you believe it. Which would make no sense to any other person but us cause she was Caucasian but we did not have a care in the world. If Stacy had pigtails I had to have pig tails if mom braided my hair she had to do Stacey's too I think Mrs Van Wyk lowkey liked it cause then she don't have to brush Stacy's hair for 2 to 3 days. From hair to outfits everything had to match I think our parents was happy that school we wore uniform. The most funniest part was when we made our own birthday we had one party and with matching cakes and all I think our parents loved that one also cause then they would split the bill and that went on for a good 3 years. We were serious drama queens like my dad would say. We were suppose to be bad ass lawyers together. I felt numb for what felt like forever and it's only been 5 years. How did I get out of that dark place you would ask me it's all thanks to these faces standing infront of me. My family. Looking happy and sad at the same time. They came all the way to see me off at the airport in Johannesburg. You should do this fast cause the longer you take you're gonna end up crying and they'll cry and then you will change your mind. I argued with myself.

"Come lets get a family hug before you miss your flight and I break down in tears. Ooooh my baby is all grown up."my mom said close to tears. "Please look after yourself and let us know as soon as you land. And remember come home if don't like it over there we would than rather have you home than unhappy princess" my dad said basically smothering me I couldn't ask for a better dad. Mom told me my biological dad died in a car crash before she could tell him she was expecting,  he was an orphan so I didnt know if had grandparents on his side either. "Yes Ntate, but I'll have to get there alive first cause I can't breath" I said. He let go chuckling.

"Come here you two. I wish I could be with you guys on your first day at university" I said hugging them both tightly "You were at our matric ball so that must count for something. We going to miss you sis" Cass said "Yes we will and don't forget to send us the latest fashion" Tee added I just gave him a playful side eye look . At least these two weeks allowed me to spend Christmas with my family and it's now exactly 2 weeks after New year's day. "So I'll see you guys later I won't say goodbye it sound so permanent. See you later sounds better" I said as my eyes became watery. "See you later" they all said the same time I heard my flight being called.

I looked back every now as I walk through the gate and then waved at them until I couldn't see them anymore. I entered the airplane as the air hostess showed me to my seat, which Mr Russo had bought me a business class ticket. Prepare for the longest flight of your live. Atleast I'll be comfortable. I sat quietly watching the buildings get smaller and smaller as tears streamed down my face an air hostess came to offer me a small pack of tissues and gave me a sympathetic smile before she went and attended to other passengers.