Chapter 8

2 weeks later...

I stand on the edge of my castle, overlooking the calm waters. This absurd peacefulness annoys me greatly.

"Why is it that I have to do all the work..." I sigh and run my gloved fingers through my dark hair before casting my arm out, summoning a glass of red wine. I raise it up peering at the distant mountains through the thin crystal. How I detest the relaxing scenery. Where's the chaos? Where's the destruction? The way it is now is an eyesore. I pass the glass to my other hand, the blood red liquid sloshing dangerously close to the edge but not quite spilling.

"Maybe it needs a little trim..." I laugh darkly as a small black and white orb begins to form in my free hand. The colours swirl and churn, always battling, never mixing or compromising with one another. I launch it from my hand and it spirals towards the mountains, creating a powerful gust as it rips through the air. There is a loud bang that resonates, causing large ripples and waves in the waters which crash up against the small hanging cliff of the island's edge.

"That is more like it." I grin down at the chaotic scene. The mountain now in shambles. Rocks slowly crumble down the side, cracking and breaking into smaller pieces until there is an avalanche of small pebbles. I can almost hear the melodic cries and screams of the unlucky humans who just so happened to be on that rubbled heap of destruction. The thought brings a wide grin to my lips as I sip the bitter wine. Who said that darkness has no class? I chuckle under my breath and swirl the glass slowly while my burning red eyes take in the wonderful destruction.

"How boring... Is it too much to ask for a little bit of excitement in this droll place?" My thoughts drift back to the academy. "Hmmmm, maybe there is someone there who can entertain me. Well, until they break that is." I laugh madly as my body slowly begins to fade from this reality, quickly passing over the shimmering waters.

I slowly form again from my chest outward, until I am standing on the brick and stone meld of the academy's roof. I glance around the courtyard silently, the small grin still resting on my pale face and my eyes glinting with a soft yet dangerous ruby hue. My knuckles tap together behind my back as I observe the hopelessly oblivious students as they scurry on with their insignificant lives. After another sip of wine, the glass vanishes from my hand as a small sigh passes my lips.

"What a dull place... I was hoping for a challenge of some sort but there are hardly any interesting auras to be seen..."I reach out my left hand, adjusting my glove for a moment while my gaze shifts to the forest. I chuckle softly and my hands return to their comfortable position of resting behind me. "What to do, what to do...." Suddenly my attention is drawn to a small girl who is shouting something up to the roof where I am standing.

"I know you're here!" She calls and I raise my brow a bit, my burning red eyes locking onto her.

"Oh? A new toy?" I laugh a bit as I see her body tense. She seems to want to run, but it looks like fear has taken its toll on her. Her next words, though, surprise me slightly.

"Why are you here?" She demands and I tilt my head, suddenly curious as to why this girl feels like she needs to challenge me. I step off the side of the roof, swiftly hovering down until my feet silently touch the hard ground only several inches away from her.

"I'm sorry, can you say that again? I didn't quite hear you." A dark grin slowly spreads across my face. She is uneasy and her response proves it.

"I-I said, w-why are you here..?" Her voice is shaking and I can almost taste the fear emanating from her slightly shaking figure. I keep my tone nonchalant as I speak, adjusting my jet black jacket and tightening the matching tie a bit.

"Why am I here? Well, why not?" I inquire. I can tell she is taken back by my answer and she seems shocked about my appearance as well. It takes her a few moments to answer, but she finally speaks up.