🌸Chapter -16🌸

Sorry for the late update as i slept early due to illness.

************((''',,,,,'''))************

Tanisha's pov:

Wedding Day

My mood was still bad due to Pishi's wonderful speech. Note the sarcasm. But nevertheless i enjoyed every function as it's my own brother wedding. People like them should not effect me that's what i thought. But when i told maa she scold me saying that they are elders. I mean like really. Just because they are elders they can say non-sense things. But i didn't argue with her as i love her very much.

We started getting ready for the Gurudwara wedding. Everyone get in punjabi style. We all went their and both Dabhai and boudi perform the wedding rituals. After the wedding uncle aunty got emotional. Well every parent will get. Then we went to venue as it was planned that after getting married from Gurudwara we'll stay together and other rituals will perform. After reaching there both team parted their ways after teasing dabhai and boudi. After taking rest for sometime we started getting ready again for the second which will be a combination of Bengali and Punjabi. I wore a beautiful maroon saree with minimal make up and open hair.

They welcome Dabhai from gate and also take neg from him. After that he was sitting and the priest was chanting mantras. Then suddenly my cousin came told me about juta churai. she was coming towards pavilion and heard about their (bride's side) plan and also they'll include Aviraj. Then she said that Aviraj was looking towards me. When i saw that dabhai shoe's were in her hand i look up to see Aviraj with mischievous glint. But when my eyes scanned him, my heart almost come to my throat. He's looking so devilishly handsome.

O god! What am i thinking?? He's my rival. I have to concentrate. Priest then call the bride. Aviraj and boudi's other cousins brought her in Piri with her eyes cover with betel leaf. They take 3 round with her like that. Then it was time for shubho drishti. They make her stand. Everyone applauded as they're standing in front of each other looking into eyes.Then, i went and brought a big platter with Orchid flower garlands. They both pick up each garlands and the priest told them to put the garlands each others neck. Everyone were teasing them, they both become shy. I look up to see Aviraj looking towards me with some kind of adoration and some kind of unknown feelings. I don't know what was that so, i averted my eyes. But i don't know why i feel someone is watching my every move. But i can't see anyone. Then i tied boudi's churni with Dabhai's stole. And after that uncle was called for 'kanyadan' . They were getting very emotional with passing time. Other rituals also performed except 'sidurdaan' and 'pheras' As in our culture it is done in the next day as 'bashi biye'.

we take them to have dinner And after that other rituals also performed. Everyone is tired as hell so they move to the room provided by Raisingh's.

Next Day (Bashi biye)

Next day i got ready in simple salwar suit. And elders take dabhai and boudi to give them bath. First they applied some turmeric paste and done some ritual. Then they give water to bath. After changing they got ready and elders took Boudi and dabhai to pavilion. And i again wrapped the tied churni and stole around their shoulders. After some post marriage ritual Priest asked dabhai to put sindoor on boudi's head from her nose with Dabhai's darpan. After that, dabhai fasten the mangalsutra around boudi's neck. I was smiling watching them so happy with each other when Aviraj eyes was also stuck on me he's also smiling like fool. I don't what wrong happened with him from yesterday he's smiling like fool towards me. But he's looking cute.
Dabhai and boudi take blessing from the priest and elders. After that they want take them to have lunch although its past lunch time. But Dabhai was trying to find shoe's. Then someone from bride side said

"Jiju (brother-in-law). If you want shoe's then you have to please us."

"And how can i please you?"

"Ohh that is not tough! You just have to put some money in our hand. As you know we don't want anything but it's ritual we have to do it. Or else it'll considered as a bad omen." They said with not so innocent look.

"Ok...I'll give....na dabhai (No brother). Wait why you'll pay you already pay them in the gate." I cut dabhai in the middle.

"So what? It's ritual Tanisha. He have to give it. Otherwise how will he walk and it'll look so bad na groom roaming around in naked feet." Aviraj's voice boom in the middle.

"You don't have to worry mister as we have Dabhai's shoe's in our hand safely...."

"Really???" He raised his one eyebrow. Then my cousin said that they stole it from us.

"You thief. You stole it from us."

"Well that was supposed to done by us. Now that you can't take care of it that's not my problem."

"Fine! You keep it. We have back up. Girls...bring Dabhai's new shoe."

"Hey! That's not fair ok. And aunty please tell them that groom only has to wear the wedding shoe." They said yes. Ugh... but they don't know what have i stored for them. Dabhai paid them.

"Wait! Where are my shoe's??" Boudi said.

"Here my dear boudi."

"Ohh! Thank God. Give it me."

"Please me! With some money."
Everyone there watching me with wide eyes.

"Why will she pay you?" Aviraj said.

"What?? I'm just saying her to please me. As you know its bad omen for bride to roam around with naked feet it'll look bad na." I said with my not so innocent look.

"It's not possible ok. Only with groom's shoe's we can negotiate money."

"And where it is written?? Govt. Give both the party and gender equal rights. We must follow that. And I'm a responsible citizen. Now that you guys take money from dabhai its my right to take from her so that she doesn't feel left out. I'm right na boudi??" I said battling my eyelash with innocent smirk. Then the argue start. Then Aunty meddle between us and said that i'm right so Boudi had to pay. With that i got neg. After that they take them to have dinner. After having dinner, everyone take rest for sometime and then they started post marriage ritual. By the time it was dark. They started preparing for bidaai. Boudi and her parents got emotional. They hugged each other and Aviraj also cried hugging boudi. He warned dabhai to take care of her. Uncle made boudi sit in the car. And we reached home. We got down and reached entrance but they don't enter and People started dancing like mad there.

Someone suddenly called me from unknown number as music was playing in the background i can't hear anything so i went outside. When i finished talking someone tapped my shoulder i turn and the person put a handkerchief on my nose and suddenly my vision got blurred. I feel someone carrying me.

Thank you💜💜
For 300+ reads.

Here's the update. I hope you enjoyed the chapter. And if you like it add in your library and do comments.
And forgive me for my mistakes.
22/11/2020

Thank you for giving your time and choosing my story.
💜💜💜💜💜💜💜