𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟎𝟔

___________

___________

" 'Live long' he said? That doesn't mean much when you go and die yourself." Nobara sighed, leaning her chin on top of her folded hands. "Is this the first time you have a comrade dead?" Nobara asked

"First time for one my age." Megumi answered.

"Hmph.. you seemed oddly fine."

"Same goes for you."

"Of course. I only knew him for about two weeks, I'm not a soft woman that would cry over the death of someone like him." She said but in truth, she was holding her tears back when Megumi glanced at her. "It's so hot.." Megumi changed the topic right away, still with his calm voice.

"Yeah, I wonder when we'll get our summer uniforms."

As soon as she said that, a voice came from behind them,"What the hell is this?"

The two first years lifted their chin up to see Maki standing there, a hand on her hip. "You're more depressing than ever, Megumi. Is this a wake or something?"

"Zen'in-senpai.." Megumi greeted her.

"Don't call me by my last name."

"Pssst! Maki, Maki!"

Maki turned around to see two of her classmates "What? I'm talking here."

"Y-You actually don't know why they're so down?? Didn't Shirazaki-sensei tell us last night?" Panda half whispered his words. "What are you talking about??" She frowned

"Someone really did die yesterday! The boy from One of the first years..! That's why Shirazaki-sensei cancelled her meeting with us and went to the morgue instead!"

"Shake." Inumaki nodded, making Maki flinched and turned her head slowly.

"Say. It. Earlier! Now I looked like some heartless cold-blooded demon!" She yelled pointing at her other classmates

"That's exactly what you are, you know?!"

"Shake." Inumaki nodded, agreeing to what Panda just said. "Oi! You're supposed to try to make me feel better!!"

"Uh.. who are these people?.." Nobara asked, looking confused. "Our second year upperclassmen." Megumi replied

"You have to be kinder to your underclassmen, Maki. Didn't Shirazaki-sensei always say that??"