𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟎𝟕

___________

___________

"By the time we arrived on the scene, your son was already dead. To be honest I was sceptical about saving any of the people in there. But my friends are different.. He wasn't successful but he still tried to bring your son's body back to you even after we confirmed his death.."

Megumi recalled the moment before he ran to look for Nobara inside the incomplete Domain Expansion after Itadori told him to go. Before leaving completely, Megumi ripped the nametag from the corpse and ran away to find Nobara.

Unfortunately the body disappeared along with the Special Grade curse's Domain Expansion.. He thought and took out the nametag, "At least, Take this.. I'm sorry we weren't able to save Tadashi-san.." he bowed apologetically feeling really really guilty.

"It's all right. Please don't apologize.. Because the only one who will mourn for that Child's death is me.." The mother of Tadashi said as she cried, placing the nametag close to her chest and falling on her knees.

Minutes later Megumi walked out of the lady's apartment after making sure that she's all right.

"Megumi.."

The said boy raised his head and was a little surprised to see the fair-haired lady, "Sensei? How did you know I was here?"

"Ijichi told me.." she smiled and handed him a bottle of milk tea. "I see.." he replied and took the milk tea, "thank you, sensei"

The two then walked side by side on the pedestrian side, "Are you okay now?.." she asked.

"Roughly.." he hummed "say, sensei.."

"Yes?"

"Is this how you feel when someone close to you dies?.." he mutters with half lidded eyes, "it feels.. so unreal that Itadori died.. I mean.. he's an utter idiot who always yells around about saving people.. but.." he halts his steps, hair covering his eyes.

Hinari stopped walking as well and looked to the side to face her student, "He selfishly just went and died like this.. 'live a long life' ?.. Kugisaki was right, what's the point of saying that when he went off and died himself?.."

Hinari widened her eyes slowly when she saw Megumi's trembling lips as he's holding back his tears. She then walked closer to him and wrapped her arms around him, comforting him like she's comforting her little brother. Megumi could only show this side of him to Hinari and Tsumiki, no one else.