8.

'It's so illicit, babe,

We shouldn't risk it, babe,

But it's so worth it'

*

'Absolutely not!' I answer, pushing Harry away from me and stepping back round the desk so I can get as far away from him as possible.

The Cullinan Diamond is the most famous diamond in the world. It's one of the Crown Jewels, held in the Tower of London under the strictest security one can imagine. To steal it is an impossible goal. You'd get shot before you even entered the building because the team charged with protecting those jewels would know. This was a suicide mission.

I watch as the team roll their eyes. Zayn pushes back against Babz's chair, his hands running through his hair. She's cursing below him, playing with the earring in her cartilage. Louis stands besides, them shaking his head, George just stares at Harry. They have a death wish if they truly think this is even an option.

Harry leans on his hands on the desk, watching as I pace in the corner opposite him. 'Why not?' he asks, as if the answer isn't obvious.

My eyes go wide, mouth agape. 'Are you fucking stupid? Are you all idiots?' I turn to them, waving my arms in the air.

Babz stands, her fists clenching before Zayn pulls her back. 'You want to say that again, little miss perfect?'

I furrow me eyebrows, shaking my head at the sheer incompetence of them. She doesn't scare me, none of them do. Especially not after it was revealed to me what they're wasting their days planning for. This isn't a simple theft; it could never be. I'm sure they've managed ones similar in the past; the Dresden Vault pops into my head as I ponder it. The reason why we never hear of attempted robberies on the Crown Jewels is because they never make it far enough to be reported. The fact that they had got this far without being caught was a miracle.

Harry is watching me as my chest heaves up and down. I'm angry. 'Why would this make us idiots, Atlas?'

I laugh, actually cackle at the stupid question. 'It's fucking impossible, that's why! You really think you can get away with stealing the most famous set of diamonds in the world without being caught? I thought you were smarter than this, Harry.' I turn around to watch the scenes below. Did they know how much of a risk this operation was? Were they selling themselves out with no real indication of what will happen to them? Surely, not.

I can hear the others bickering behind me. 'Well done, H!' Zayn calls, the chair in front of him now being thrown against the wall. 'If she doesn't help, she knows too much now, do you know how dangerous this makes it?'

I laugh to myself again, making sure they hear. As if I could make this any worse than it already is. I'm simply stating the cold hard truth. They'll never make it out alive is they attempt this, and if they do by some spark of luck manage to steal it, they certainly won't have it for long. Life in prison is likely. The royal family aren't ones to accept humiliation like this.

Harry ushers them out of the room, leaving just the two of us alone. I can feel him watching me as I lean my hands against the window. My eyes are closed as I try to steady my breathing. 'Atlas, just hear me out?' he begs, the sound of his footsteps towards me following.

I turn around, watching him over the desk. He's smiling. The smug bastard. 'There's nothing to explain, Harry. This is a stupid fucking idea, and you know it.' I begin to pace again, now on the same side of the desk as him, walking up and down the length of the room as I try to gather my thoughts. Zayn was right, I do know too much now. They wouldn't just let me go on with that kind of knowledge, even if I didn't know how they were planning on doing it. I knew their names, where they worked, some previous items they'd stolen. I was a threat; now I'm scared.