19.

'I want you to touch me there

Make me feel like I am breathing

Feel like I am human'

*

Harry

The minute Atlas came out in that tight little dress, I knew I would struggle to keep control of myself. The way it hugged her figure was intoxicating, a feeling I wanted to indulge in after already having a taste. That taste had lingered in my mouth for the whole week, making me salivate at the prospect of having it again. I know that it's stupid for us to be engaging in sexual acts when we work together, but I can't help myself. She's the most enticing woman I've ever met. Sure, she has no ideas how beautiful she is, but what sets her aside is the fact that she's well aware of just how skilled she is. Even though I have to remind her how valuable she is to the team, it's clear that she takes pride in her work. It's undeniably sexy. But those moments when she doubts herself, it's sweet. I like telling her just how great she is.

It's clear to everyone that our relationship is fraught. Atlas and I have similar temperaments. We both get triggered by the same things, lashing out in similar ways. While she threw things at me, I would pin her against the wall. I'd wrap my hands round her throat, but not in a way to harm her, rather to warn her that I am in charge. She never seemed to mind, though. The few times I did it, there was a glint in her eyes that told me she actually enjoyed it. That she expected it from me now. I don't think it's about being dominated, but rather about the risk of our actions. To say it doesn't turn me on is an understatement.

As the bass thumps through the walls of this club, making the floor shake like it's about to cave in, all I can think about is having my hands on her again. As soon as she stepped onto that dancefloor with Babz and Zayn, I couldn't take my eyes off of her. And she clearly couldn't keep hers off mine. It's like a magnet draws us together. It's so intense, the air dissipating as we breathe in too much to steady our heartbeats. Sometimes it becomes so quiet between us that I convince myself I can hear her heart race. But maybe it's just mine.

When I saw her all those months ago in the jewellery shop, I never intended to allow myself to become so utterly enthralled by her. The way she danced and smiled around the store fascinated me. Her hair flowing, diamonds sparkling in the sun, catching the light in her eyes. Though I was on the other side of the street, I could feel just how content she was. It was infecting me. The way that she stared at the jewels with such adoration made a shiver go down my spine. It was rare to find someone that looked at diamonds like that. Looking at them without any wants, but just pure respect. Indeed, she desired them too, I could tell when she put them away and her expression turned glum, but more than anything that was because she understood just how beautiful they are. Atlas listens to their stories and seeks to tell them.

In many ways, that's how I felt that day. That's why I recruited her, I suppose. And now we're stuck in limbo, neither one of us wanting to give in to the other but the moment we do it's like all our confrontations disappear.

I know that she wants to give in tonight. While the two go at it on her neck and mouth, she never takes her eyes off of me, smiling and licking her lips the minute they pull away. When they kiss behind her, she continues moving, swaying to the music, watching me. My grip around my bottle is so strong that I'm afraid I'll shatter it. I have to be near her, to feel the smooth supple skin on my rough callous hands. There's nothing better than it. I am a sexual being, often spending my time going from woman to woman, but never do I go back to the same for more doses of their poison. With Atlas, I crave it.

I stand to my feet, throwing the bottle aimlessly to my left as I pace towards her. Her eyes are hungry, manic. I'm the meal she can't wait to devour. Likewise, I wish to tell her. The music slows, the beat still as strong as ever. It courses through my veins as if it's the only thing keeping me alive. The life support I'm hooked up to that will keep me awake long enough to take me to my destination. Her silhouette haunts me, my gaze locked on it.