CHAPTER 12

*Nathan's POV

I was seated in Blake's office. We were discussing the late payments of the customers. A lot of people seemed to think they can get away without paying the full amount of money they buy our drugs for. We always give them a couple of weeks and if they still haven't paid in full, someone will go pay them a visit.

"So this month there are 10 late payments. I have already sent guys to most of these, but this one has been known to be difficult." Blake said. She showed me a file of a man. Mid-forties and minimum wage job. He was a regular, but wasn't always on time with pay.

"I want you to go pay him a visit and take care of the problem for me. I don't need him as a customer anymore. He delivers me more problems than money." She ordered me.

I did as she asked and drove to his Adress. I stepped out of the car and prepared my gun and silencer. I walked to his door and knocked on it.

After two minutes or so, I shot off the lock of the door and walked inside. I knew someone was in the house because the lights were on. I listened carefully and heard some movement coming from above me.

I walked up the stairs and opened the door where the noise was coming from.

I was shocked at what I saw. A girl being beaten to death by the very same man that I came to kill. After taking a good look at the girl, I recognized her as the girl who was being questioned by Blake in the cells.

I moved quickly to grab the also shocked man and cuffed him to the bed in the room. I always had a pair of handcuffs with me. It comes in handy when people struggle too much.

The girl looked in bad shape and needed help. Knowing that I couldn't call the cops or an ambulance, I called up Blake while I covered the girl with my jacket as much as I could.

"Is it done?" I heard Blake say on the other end of the call.

"We have a bit of a situation. I think you're going to need to come down here yourself. Fast."

"What do you mean? What is the emergency?" I heard movement in her background. Blake knew it was serious if I talked to her so demanding.

"It has to do with the girl. Alexandria Miller." Was all I said before she hang up.

___________________

*Blake's POV

I immediately hang up after he said that. I don't know why I seem to care about her, but I guess Emma worrying about Alex and her simply being intriguing makes up for it.

I quickly drove to the Adress Nathan went to and got out of the Range Rover. I had my gun in the back of my jeans, but I'm pretty confident that Nathan has the situation already under control.

I slowly opened the door and walked in.

"Nate!" I called out to him.

"Upstairs, Boss." He said. I walked up and saw Nathan in the hallway.

"In there." He pointed to the room across from us.

I opened the door and saw an almost unconscious Alex laying on the floor covered by Nates jacket. She was bleeding a lot and I looked around the room to see what caused it. From the corner of my eye, I saw a bloody belt on the floor. And when I looked up, I saw my customer cuffed to a bed.

I slowly figured out what happened; My customer is her father. The belt was used on her and her father abuses her. That's why she was probably so hungry. She barely gets any food and probably doesn't have much money either.

I walked towards Alex and squaded down. She still had her eyes half open, but I don't think she can really follow what's happening.

I went to pick her up, when she started whimpering and saying 'please' over and over again. Even though you could barely hear her.

"Shhh, shh. I've got you Alex. Your safe now. I'm going to take care of you." I said. Hoping to comfort her a little.

"Blake.." After she mumbled out my name, she immediately passed out. I walked out of the room with Alex in my arms. She was really light.

"Take him with us I want to keep him in the cells till I know for sure what exactly is going on." I told Nate. I went to my car and gently put Alex in the back, covering her with a blanket. I proceeded to drive back to the mansion and parked the car.

I took her out of the car and walked straight into the infirmary. I told the closest nurse that I could find to fix her, and they went to work.

While Alex was being treated, Nathan put Michael Miller in the cells. I will deal with that man later.

I went to the exercise room to distract me of my thoughts and let out some steam. Then took a shower and when I was done, I got the message that Alex was okay, but still resting.

I made Alex and I some food and then went to the room she was in and took a seat next to her bed.

I started eating my dinner while waiting for her to wake up. After I finished eating, I went on my phone answering some emails.

__________________

*Alex's POV

I wake up to a beeping sound. I want to open my eyes but I'm scared. Am I in heaven? Or maybe hell...

I don't know where I am. I slowly open my eyes, only to be blinded by a bright and white light. I groaned a bit and went to put my arm up to my head, when I felt a soft hand on mine.

"Too bright." I mumbled to whoever was with me.

I felt the hand move away and then heard some shuffling. That's when I noticed the brightness turn down from behind my eyes lids.

I carefully opened my eyes again. I was greeted with a pretty redhead.

It took me a second to process who she was, but then I remembered. She was the leader of The Black Skulls...