CHAPTER 16

I didn't expect that. "She was?" She nodded sadly.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to or if you're not ready." I said, not wanting to pressure her.

"No, I want to but I haven't told anyone this before." She told me. I just listened to her.

"When I was 14, I heard my sister crying in her bed. She was two at the time. I headed upstairs to see my dad in her room, holding her. But he was drunk and he had done some drugs, so he wasn't really a 100%. That's when I-I saw h-him um he dropped her. And s-she died." She told me the story. I was chocked and hated her father even more now. I pulled her on my lap and she curled up like a little scared girl. She didn't deserve this life. But I am going to make sure she gets a better one from now on.

I comforted her and rocked us side to side. "Thank you for telling me that. It means a lot to me." It did. Her telling me this story showed me that she trust me.

"We should get out of here though. Your mom could come home soon." I reminded her. She got up and we finished packing her stuff, before leaving and going back home.

_________________

One week later...

*Alex's POV

It's been a week and I am almost completely healed now. I still have some bruises but other than that I'm doing okay.

I have been making online homework to catch up on school. I also met up with Carter and Skyler to catch up on stuff and do some tutor lessons that I missed.

I have also been working on my new room. Designing it and painting the walls. Emma has helped me pick out some colors and what to put in my room and Blake and Nathan have helped me transform it into what I wanted.

I have grown closer to Blake over the last week. Even though she's not considered a good guy by law, she's my savior. Because of her I live a better life now. I have never been so happy before. I have friends, family and enough food in my stomach. I am really thankful for what she's done for me.

I was currently sitting outside, watching the sunset while also drawing it. It was a drawing that I was going to hang in my room. Blake also got the drawing I made of me and Eva framed and it. It's hanging above my bed now.

"What are you drawing?" Blake said. Scaring the shit out of me. I flinched a bit and turned to see her smile at me.

"Jesus. Don't scare me like that." I told her. Placing a hand on my heart, feeling it beating fast.

She sat down next to me and watched the sunset. After five minutes or so I was almost done with my drawing. "Beautiful isn't it." Blake asked me. I think she was referring to the sunset so I said "Yes, it's so calming too, just sitting out here." I told her but when I turned to her, she was already looking at me.

"I actually came to find you because I needed to ask you something." Blake then said.

"What do you wanna know?" I questioned her. Her face started looking more serious and she sat up right. "I wanted to teach you some basic defense moves. In case something were to happen. What do you say?" I actually thought it was a good idea. Especially now that I lived with a gang.

"I would like that. Maybe tomorrow after breakfast?" I asked her.

"That's good. I'll see you in the training room at 11:00 am." She told me and got up and headed towards the house or mansion. I actually think she had been meaning to train me sooner but I was still healing so I couldn't.

I decided to head to bed early because I needed to have enough energy tomorrow.

___________________

The next day I ate breakfast with Emma and after, decided to get ready.

I hadn't seen Blake yet this morning, but I think she's also getting ready and maybe setting some thing up.

I was really nervous because I don't know anything about fighting. But I told myself it was going to be fine and it's for the best that I learn some basic moves.

I put on a tshirt and some shorts and took a bottle of water with me before going to the workout room.

I had to search a little, but thankfully I found it. It was a big training room where the gang can workout and train to get better at fighting.

I walked in, not seeing anybody. I decided to look around. I also saw a wall with all sorts of weapons like different types of guns an knifes. I grabbed one knife and inspected it.

"Be careful, we wouldn't want you to cut yourself." I turned my head towards the voice and saw Blake standing there. My breath hitched a bit at what she was wearing. She had a sports bra on and black shorts. You cloud see her hard abs with tattoos shining in the dim light.

"N-no, we wouldn't." I struggeld to get out.

She came closer and grabbed the knife from my hands and put it back.

"Shall we start?" She suggested. I nodded and followed her to the boxing ring. We got in and Blake started explaining some moves.

"So first things first. Focus on your attacker’s vulnerable places like the eyes, nose, throat, and groin. Try to aim all of your hits in these places.

Avoid the chest and knees. Don’t aim for the chest, as that tends to be ineffective. Aiming for the knees can be too tricky when you don't have much experience." She started. It was actually really helpful information that I didn't know yet.

"Alright, let's try some moves. I will explain them and then we can try it out. Starting slow and easy and maybe making it harder as we go on."

"Okay, let's see how this goes."