CHAPTER 24

*Alex's POV

I wake up, feeling arms around me. I look up to see Blake still sleeping, while holding me in a protective way.

I gently kissed her on her cheek and then carefully got out of bed, trying not to wake her. I quietly walked to my room and quickly put on a hoodie and some ripped jeans. Then I headed downstairs.

I ate some breakfast and took some food with me before brushing my teeth.

I walked to a bus stop and took the bus to school. When I arrived, I walked to my locker and grabbed the necessary books before heading to class.

It was weird being back here after not going to school for so long, but after a week or so I'll be used to it again.

I spend the next few hours just catching up on homework in the different classes I had and before I know it, it was break time.

I searched for Skyler and funny enough, I found her at my spot under the tree. I walked up to her.

"Hey Sky." I said once I reached her. She looked up and her mouth dropped a little. I didn't tell her I would be back today. I thought it would be a good surprise.

"You're back!" She said and stood up to greet me. She gave me a quick hug before sitting back down again.

"Yeah. I'm all healed up and the doctor said I am allowed to go to school again" I told her while sitting next to her.

I obviously didn't tell what really happened. I just told her the same thing as I told the school. That I was in a car accident.

"I'm glad you're okay now."

We talked some more and ate our lunch till the bell rang.

I followed the rest of my classes and then headed home.

I walked inside and put my jacket on the coat rack. Then I placed my backpack in my room and headed to Blake's office, knowing she would be there doing some work.

I knocked on her door and heard a quiet 'Enter' through her door.

I slowly opened the door to see a tired looking Blake. She looked relieved to see me once she looked up and dropped her pen on her desk before standing up and walking towards me.

She walked towards me and wrapped me in her arms. "I missed you." She said and kissed me. "I missed you too." I told her.

After we made out for a bit, we went downstairs and watched some TV to get some rest. I was tired from my first day of school and she from working.

"I want to give you another defense lesson. I know you probably won't need it, but just in case." She said to me after we finished the movie we watched.

"Okay, what do you want to teach me?" I asked her. She grabbed my hand and took me to a shooting range.

"You want to teach me to shoot a gun?" I asked her

"You want to teach me to shoot a gun?" I asked her. I didn't want to, to be honest. I don't think I could kill someone even if I had too.

"Just the basics for safety. If something were to happen. You never know."

"Okay, what do I do?" I asked her after agreeing that it's good to know the basics when I'm literally living with a gang.

She gave me noise canceling headphones and some safety glasses and grabbed a gun from a wall. She also grabbed her gun, the one she always keeps in the back of her jeans.

First she showed me how it worked and emptied one magizine of bullets in the head of a target paper.

I had never seen her fight or use a weapon before, but that was so hot. She's so good at it. But I didn't expect anything less from a gang leader.

She also gave me some tips on how to shoot and helped me load up a gun. She then held her arms around me and we shot the first bullet. It was such a weird but thrilling feeling.

I shot a couple rounds and got the hang of it before I decided it was enough.

_____________________

Three weeks later...

It's been a while after the last events happened.

I had been attending school and it is going well. I went to Skyler's to hang out and do some more tutoring. I am getting better at it.

Blake and I have become official now. She asked me to be her girlfriend after she took me out for a date. It was the best night of my life.

The next morning at breakfast she announced to the gang that we were together. Surprisingly they were all happy for us. Especially Emma. She is so supportive and is happy that Blake finally found someone special.

Victoria also came over multiple times these past three weeks and we've become good friends.

Christmas has also passed and let me tell you, it was my first Christmas in a really long time. I even got presents and everything. It was so fun setting up a tree, the lights and decorations. It made me so happy.

And lastly I arranged a couple more meetings between Carter and Blake. It took some time, but they've warmed up to eachother a little bit.

I just finished school and am walking home at the moment. It was fall, so it was already turning dark.

When I got off the bus and was almost home, I got a bad feeling.

Before I turned a corner, I looked behind me to see a black van driving slowly behind me. I turned the corner and started walking faster.

After a couple of meters I suddenly felt something in my neck. I stopped walking and grabbed the object and saw that it was some sort of dart.

That's when I started feeling lightweighted and my legs gave out from under me, making me fall on the ground. I realized that the dart was a tranquilizer.

And soon I couldn't feel any of my limbs. I couldn't even scream. I was terrified and started silently crying.

Then I saw a couple of shadows coming closer. When they reached me, they roughly brabbed me and took me towards the black van.

They opened the van and threw me inside. One of the man tied my hands and legs together with some rope. I could feel it cutting into my skin.

They closed the doors and the van started driving again. They never said a word. I could make out that they were two men. But I haven't been able to get a good look at their faces.

I got sleepy and closed my eyes, wishing I was at home in Blake's arms.

I miss her...