part 5

Armaan opens the door when he heard the doorbell ring.He finds an average tall man who was a little chubby with his hair perfectly combed.Armaan smiles as he recognizes who is at the door.

"Armaan," he said and embraced Armaan in his arms.Armaan chuckles and hugs him back.

"Kaisa hai, Atul?" Armaan asked when he pulls back.They make their way towards the kitchen.

They walk in and see Ananya making some snacks and Riddhima sitting at the table. Riddhima got up scared when she saw Atul and stood next to Ananya.Armaan saw this and became a little mad.She is still the same with the other guys.Armaan and Atul walk further in towards the counter that was built in the middle of the kitchen.

"Aunty," Atul said hugging Ananya.Ananya smiles and hugs him back.Atul saw Riddhima and still had a smile on his face."Hey!" Atul said as he knew her from before but he actually never met her.Riddhima hides behind Ananya and Atul becomes confused.

"Atul, hum chalte hain," Armaan said patting his back.

"Tum bache kahan jaa rahe ho?" Ananya asked as she took out some cookies out of the oven.Atul's eyes went wide gleefully as he saw the fresh baked chocolate chip cookies.

"Hum apne dusre doste ko milne jaa rahe hain phir hum sab dinner pe jaa rahe hain," Armaan told their plan as Atul stuffed the cookies in his mouth.

"Hume vahan jaana hoga jahan diet food hota hai," Atul said with his mouth full but swallows."Main diet par hoon." Armaan looks at him up and down then at the cookie he is eating.Armaan grabs his hand that was holding the cookie and he was going to put in his mouth.

"Agar diet pe hai toh cookie khana band kar," Armaan said taking the cookie out of his hand and eating it himself.Atul pouted and Riddhima giggled from behind Ananya.

"Tu kyun kha rahe hai?" Atul asked pointing at the cookie.

"Main diet par nai hoon," Armaan said stretching his arm back so that his hands were behind his head.It showed off his muscles and abs."I've got a six pack." Atul sticks his tongue out like a little kid and Ananya and Armaan laugh at Atul.He's still the same Atul that they knew ten years ago."Chale?"

"Haan, bye Aunty and..." Atul stopped as he didn't know Riddhima's name."Uska naam kya hai." Atul said to Armaan.Armaan looks at Riddhima and Riddhima saw the anger in his eyes.She told him she trusted him but she is still scared of others.Riddhima knew he was trying to help her but Riddhima is still scared.

"Rehne de," Armaan said and the left.Riddhima was hurt at his answer to Atul.He was really mad.Riddhima needs to do something that will make him forgive her and at the same time tell him that she still needs time.Ananya looks at Riddhima and saw Riddhima's fallen face.Ananya had heard them and felt bad for Riddhima.She kisses Riddhima's temple and offers her a cookie.Riddhima happily takes the cookie and takes a bite of it.

Riddhima and Ananya settle down for a movie.Ananya sat on one end of the couch while Riddhima sat on the other end of the couch.Armaan walks in and sees them engrossed in the movie.Armaan shakes his head and sits in between them.Ananya said hi to him but her eyes were still on the TV.But Riddhima's eyes had been away from the TV the moment Armaan walked in.Armaan looks at Riddhima as he felt her gaze on him still.He looks at the TV but Riddhima's eyes didn't move.Armaan leaned towards Riddhima so his mom couldn't hear what he was saying to her.

"Mujhe aise kyun dekh rahe ho?" Armaan asked his eyes still on the TV.Riddhima looks down then back at him again."Lagta hai ke tumhare irade theek nai hai." He jokes.Riddhima understood his joke and smiles herself as she looks down but remembers he is mad at her.

"Aap mujhse naraz toh nai hai?" Riddhima whispers to Armaan and leans closer to him. Armaan felt her move close to him and he felt happy.He could smell her fragrance which was intoxicating him.Armaan shakes his head and look up at her since he was slouched on the couch.From the corner of her eyes, Ananya saw them talking to each other and a smile appeared on her face.Something told Ananya that they were comfortable with each other were starting to like each other.

Armaan turns his head and sees his mom staring at him.Armaan felt his eyes go wide as he was caught to be leaning close to Riddhima and talking to her.Armaan looks at Riddhima and her eyes were on the TV.Armaan turns his head back to Ananya and she was still looking at him but this time with one eyebrow up and a teasing smile.Armaan shakes his head at his mom and gives her a nervous smile.Armaan points the TV telling her to the watch the movie.Ananya turns her head back to the TV.Armaan looks at her and sees her looking at the TV.He smiles and leans his head on Ananya's shoulder as he watched the movie.Riddhima turns her head to Armaan and sees him resting his head on Ananya's shoulder.A small smile crept to her lips as she saw them.Ananya was stroking his hair.Riddhima felt tears stinging her eyes as she remembers when her mom use to do that to her.Riddhima sniffs and Armaan and Ananya's eyes turn to her.She looks down as she didn't want them to know she was crying.Armaan moved out of the way as Ananya got up to sit next to Riddhima.So Ananya and Armaan switched places.

"Kya hua?" Ananya asked.Riddhima shook her head wiping her tears."Riddhima, tum mujhe kuch bhi bata sakti ho.Samjho ke main tumhare Ma hoon." Riddhima looks at Ananya and hugs her tightly.

"Mujhe apni Ma ki yaad aa rahe hai," Riddhima said as she cries.Armaan felt tears in his eyes but he looks up to make them go back in.He rubs his eyes to get rid of his tears and looks at Ananya and Riddhima.Riddhima was leaning on Ananya while Ananya's arm was around her.Armaan leaned his head on the back of Ananya's shoulder because her back was facing him.Ananya smiles and holds his hand that rested on her leg.Ananya turns her head and kisses his forehead then kisses Riddhima's forehead.

After a while, Riddhima had fallen asleep on Ananya's shoulder.Ananya didn't have the heart to wake her up so she slowly got up and Riddhima laid on the couch.Armaan had went upstairs to change since the movie had finished.Ananya looks up towards the upstairs.

"Armaan," Ananya said gently so she didn't wake up Riddhima.Armaan appears and looks down at Ananya."Riddhima ko utha ke le jao ge?" Armaan nods and walks downstairs.

He walks towards Riddhima and picks her up in his arms.Riddhima held onto him tight as she felt herself being moved and became scared that she is being taken away.Armaan moved her closer to his chest to assure her that she is safe.Ananya walks in the bathroom to get changed into her night clothes.Armaan lays Riddhima on the bed and just stares at her for a while.It didn't look like she has been raped many times but when she opens her eyes you could see the pain and fear clearly.Armaan leans down and kisses her forehead. He saw her stir so he moved back and walks to the door but he turns around and looks at her.She laid there peacefully sleeping.Armaan wanted to just get in bed with her and cuddle her up in his arms but knew he couldn't.Armaan was shocked at his own thoughts.He turns and looks back at her but walks out when he heard the bathroom door open.