part 6

Ananya walks in Armaan's room with his last pile of washed clothes.Armaan is packing his stuff since tomorrow morning he is leaving to go back home for work.Ananya folds his clothes and passes to Armaan and he puts it in his suitcases.He zips up bag and looks at his mom. She looks up at him and smiles.

"Zaroori jaana hai tumhe?" Ananya asked with a frown.

"Mom," Armaan stretches her name."Agar mujhe jaana nai hota toh main nai jaata." Ananya sighs and nods.The home phone rings and she walks out of the room to pick it up.

Armaan grabs his stuff from his dressing table and puts it in another small bag going with his suitcase.Riddhima peeks in and looks at him.Riddhima didn't want him to leave but knew he had to.Him leaving felt like a piece of her is missing.Riddhima knocks on the door even though it was open.Armaan turns around and sees Riddhima standing there.He smiles at her and she gives him a shy smile.Armaan motions his head for her to come in.Riddhima slowly walks in and stands in front of him.

"Aap jaa rahe hain?" Riddhima asked.Armaan nods.

"Yeah," he said looking at his things then back at Riddhima.

Riddhima looks down as she was nervous and not knowing the reason of her nervousness.Silence took upon them actually, awkward silence took upon them.Armaan looks at Riddhima as she lifts her eyes up and looks up at him.Riddhima quickly looks back down when she saw Armaan's eyes on her.Armaan smiles and he could swear that he saw her cheeks go red.Riddhima turns to leave but Armaan grabs her wrist.Riddhima's eyes shoot up in shock.She slowly turns her head and looks at him.Armaan looks straight in her eyes and Riddhima felt her knees go weak with his eyes boring into hers.

"Tum mujhse ek vaada kar sakti ho?" Armaan asked as he walks closer to her with his wrist still in his hand.

"Kaunsa vaada," Riddhima said in a barely audible voice.Her eyes weren't able to meet his. Riddhima felt that her eyes weren't worth his eyes to gaze in.

"Tum koshish karogi apne pichle pal bhul ne ke liye?" He asked.Riddhima look up in his eyes.His eyes held so much strength that her eyes really weak in front of his.Riddhima looks down as her eyes start to fill up with tears.He knew she was crying but he can't let her cry.He lifts up her chin and shake shis head."Tumhe bhulna hoga." Riddhima starts crying.Armaan embraces her in his arms and Riddhima hugs him back.Armaan's phone broke them apart.Armaan turns around so his back is facing Riddhima and picks up his phone.Riddhima watched him talk on the phone but silently left the room.

At the dinner table, no one spoke.Only utensils hitting the plate could be heard.Armaan looks up and sees Riddhima's eyes looking down in her plate.Ananya looks at Armaan and sees him looking at Riddhima.Riddhima lifts her eyes up as she felt Armaan's gaze on her. Ananya turns her head and looks at Riddhima.Riddhima is looking at Armaan.She turns her head back towards Armaan and his eyes were down.Then, she turns her head towards Riddhima and sees her looking back down in her plate.Ananya knew they like each other and a couple of times has gotten the idea to get them both married.She hasn't told anyone about her idea but is planning to tell Padma so she can help her.

Ananya walks in Armaan's room.Armaan is sitting on his bed with his back to the headboard with a pillow behind his back and his laptop set on his thighs.Armaan moves his laptop from his lap when he sees his mom enter the room.She sits down and Armaan lays his head in her lap.Ananya smiles and strokes his hair.

"Armaan," Ananya said staring into air.

"Hm," he replies with closed eyes as the head massage felt good.

"Kya tum Riddhima ko pasand karte ho?" Ananya asked.Ananya had just called Padma after dinner when Armaan and Riddhima went upstairs and Padma is more than happy to help her so Ananya told what she was going to ask Armaan tonight.Armaan sits up and looks at his mom.

"Kya?" Armaan asked to make sure what he heard was right.

"Tum Riddhima ko pasand karte ho?" Ananya asked.Armaan looks down then back up at his mother.Armaan shrugs and looks away.

"I guess," Armaan said.A smile forms on Ananya's face as she heard him answer.

"Sirf pasand hi karte ho ya phir pasand se zyada?" She asked another question.Armaan's head turns towards Ananya.Ananya has a smile on her face and Armaan knew what that smile meant.Armaan smiles and shakes his head and turns his head away."Riddhima andar aao." Riddhima walks in with her head down.Armaan turns his head and looks at her. "Maine Riddhima se already puch liya hai aur usne haan kaha hai.Sirf tumhara jawab chaiye." Armaan looks at Riddhima then at his mom.

"Mujhe thoda time chaiye," Armaan said in a low voice.Ananya's smile vanished and Riddhima's heart sank."Please." Ananya nods and looks at Riddhima whose head was still down.Riddhima and Ananya leave his room but before Riddhima walks out fully, she turns her head and looks at Armaan.Armaan was looking at her since she got up to leave. Riddhima walks out and follows Ananya.

Armaan closes his door and sighs deeply.He said he needed time because he wants to talk to Riddhima alone first.He wants to know if she is perfectly fine with their relation.She's been through a lot and getting married is a big step in her life for her now.Armaan has been helping her to make her forget her past but he knows that she hasn't forgotten it fully.She has a little because she comfortable with him but there are still some moments still stuck with her.He lays down in his bed with one of his hand under his head and the other on his abdomen.

Riddhima laid in her bed as tears fell from her eyes.Hearing Armaan say that he needs time hurt her deeply.She thought and felt that Armaan likes her but she was wrong.Maybe he doesn't like her because of her past but he has been helping her to forget it.He's probably doing it as a friend.Riddhima had started to like Armaan and she felt comfortable with him knowing he won't ever hurt her.Riddhima closes her eyes as fresh tears slid down her cheeks down to the bed.The whole night neither Armaan or Riddhima could sleep.