part 7

Armaan has left back home and it was unusually quiet in the house.Riddhima would talk to Ananya freely but only her.Then came along Armaan changing her and now she is back to her usual quietness.Ananya became a little worried and wondered what could make her like this again.Riddhima sat on the couch with TV turned on but she wasn't watching TV, she was staring into air.The phone rang and Ananya picks up.

"Hello," she answered the phone.

"Hey Mom," came Armaan's voice from the other side.

"Armaan!Tum paunch gaye?" Ananya said.Riddhima's head turned towards Ananya when she heard Armaan's name.Armaan chuckles as he opens his apartment's door.

"Yes Mom, main paunch gaya hoon.Abhi ghar ke andar hi aaya hoon," Armaan said putting his back down that was on his shoulder as he closes his apartment door.

"Flight theek thi na?" Ananya asked.Armaan shakes his head.She's a mother, obviously she is going to ask questions.

"Haan.Mom main theek tara se paunch gaya hoon," Armaan said while laughing.The whole time Armaan and Ananya were talking, Riddhima's eyes stayed on Ananya.She could hear Armaan's voice.This brought some life in her.Riddhima looks down and looks at her left hand at her ring finger.She wished Armaan had said yes for their wedding.

"Armaan theek se paunch gaya," Ananya said to Riddhima after hanging up.Riddhima is broken out of her thoughts and looks at Ananya with a quick smile then walks upstairs. Ananya follows her upstairs."Riddhima, tum itni udaas kyun lag rahe ho?"

"Kya Armaan mujhe pasand nai karte?" Riddhima asked with moist eyes looking at Ananya.Ananya was taken aback by the question.

"Kisne tumhe aisa kaha?" Ananya asked sitting next to Riddhima.

"Toh uno ne haan kyun nai kaha shaadi ke liye?" Riddhima asked crying."Sab mujhe kyun chod ke chale jaate hain?Ma chali gaye phir Papa ne mere saath batameezi ki aur jab main purani Riddhima ban gayi thi toh Armaan mujhe chod ke chale gaye." Tears were even in Ananya's eyes as she stroked Riddhima's hair.Riddhima hugs Ananya and holds her tight to herself."Sirf aap hi hai jisko mera khayal hai."

"Aisa nai hai Riddhima.Armaan ko bhi tumhara khayal aata hai.Isiliye toh tum purani Riddhima ban gayi thi," Ananya said.Riddhima pulls back and looks up at Ananya.She was right.Riddhima is just hurt that Armaan didn't say yes right away."Dekho Armaan ko abhi thoda sa waqt chaiye hoga.Sab itni jaldi ho raha hai aur tum dono toh sirf ek hafte ke liye mile ho." Ananya turns Riddhima's face towards her."Sab theek ho jaye ga." Riddhima nods and Ananya walks downstairs.

Riddhima sat against the headboard and was deep in her thoughts.She gets startled when her phone rings.She picks up her phone slowly.

"Hello," Riddhima answers.

"Hey," came his voice.Riddhima's breathing stopped as she heard him.She lets out a deep breath.On the other side he smiles knowing because of him her breathing was stopped. "Kaise ho?"

"Good," Riddhima replies looking down in her lap."Aap?"

"Good," he answered the same as Riddhima.

"Armaan," Riddhima said.

"Hm," Armaan says.

"Aap phir se kab aaye ge?" Riddhima asked a little embarrassed.Armaan smiles more deepening his dimples.

"I don't know," he said leaning his head back on the couch."Suno, mujhe tumse baat karni hai."

"Boliye," Riddhima said telling him to go on.

"Mom ne jo shaadi ki baat ki hai...kya tum usse theek ho?Main tumhe kisi cheez main force nai karna chatha.Main jaanta hoon ke tumhare pichle pal main zyada kuch hua hai aur agar tum iss baat se theek nai ho toh main Mom se baat kar sakta hoon." Armaan explains.Riddhima smiles at his concern for her.Ananya was right.He does think of her.

"Main aap se shaadi karna chathi hoon," Riddhima said.Armaan smiles and Riddhima blushes.She is back.The old Riddhima is back.Armaan had yearned to hear that from her and she said it.

"Mujhe jaana hai," Armaan said.Riddhima frowns when she hears him say that."Don't worry main tumhe raat ko phone karoga." Riddhima smiles again.She loved how he knew what she was thinking."Bye."

"Bye," Riddhima whispers and hangs up.Riddhima looks up and smiles big.She lays down and hides her face in the pillow.Riddhima runs downstairs and sees Ananya working in the kitchen.Riddhima can be taken as a daughter, again.Ananya turns around and sees Riddhima.What surprised Ananya is that Riddhima is smiling big.

"Kya hua?Abhi toh tum itni udaas thi," Ananya said.Riddhima walks over to her and gives her a hug.

"Aap ne hi kaha tha ke sab theek ho jayega aur sab theek ho gaya," Riddhima said. Ananya didn't really get what she meant but knew that everything is perfectly fine now. Riddhima pulls back and kisses Ananya's cheek.This made Ananya shocked.She has never seen Riddhima this happy.Her son did really change and she is proud to call Armaan her son.She just wished that her husband was alive to see how much their son can do to make a girl come back to herself.Riddhima walks out in the living room and sits on the couch.She watches TV with a smile.Her mind drifted off to Armaan involuntarily and blushes.Ananya walked out and saw her still smiling.She found that was a little crazy but seeing the smile on Riddhima's face made Ananya's heart light.

Riddhima and Ananya were sitting at the table and eating lunch.Every second Riddhima's eyes would go to the clock and Ananya noticed.Riddhima is waiting when it will be night and Armaan will call her.Ananya heard the phone ring and went to go pick it up.Riddhima watches her pick it up.

"Armaan, kaise ho?" Ananya asked.Riddhima head turns to Ananya.She wished Riddhima could talk to Armaan right now but asking the phone from Ananya would be a little embarrassing.Riddhima finishes and walks out.Ananya saw her leave and thought to ask Armaan of why Riddhima is so happy."Armaan, tumhe pata hai ke Riddhima itni khush kyun hai?"

"Mom, main Riddhima se shaadi karne ke liye tayar hoon," Armaan said with a smile on his face.Ananya smiles right when the words escaped his mouth.She put her hand on her heart feeling it more lighter.

"Armaan, thank you.Tumhare vajah se purani Riddhima aa gaye hai," Ananya said.Armaan looks down in his lap still with a smile on his face.

Later that night, Riddhima sat on the couch downstairs while Ananya is upstairs sleeping. Riddhima couldn't sleep as Armaan hasn't called her yet so to waste time she sat downstairs watching movies that they had bought.Every minute she would be looking at her phone but no calls.Riddhima became worried so she calls him.

"Hello," Armaan answers.Riddhima sighs in relief knowing that he is okay.Armaan heard her sigh and knew she was worried and that brought a smile to his face."Pareshan thi?"

"Hm," Riddhima said with slight tears in her eyes and her head bowed down.

"I'm sorry.Main unpacking kar raha tha," Armaan said sitting down on his bed with his elbows resting on his thighs.Riddhima just sniffed and didn't say anything."Mujhe miss kar rahe ho?" Armaan said with a teasing smile even though she couldn't see her but Riddhima knew he had that smile on his face.Riddhima's cheeks turn red as she plays with her dupatta.

"Main kyun aap ko miss karogi," Riddhima said playing with him.This is a new Riddhima that Armaan has never seen.He felt proud that he is the one that was able to reach Riddhima's heart and change her.Armaan was happy that Riddhima is becoming her old self even though they didn't know how she was before.

"Riddhima!" Ananya calls from upstairs.Riddhima quickly looks up and sees Ananya looking down at her."Kise baat kar rahe ho.Bohut raat ho chuki hai, so jao."

"Ji Aunty," Riddhima mumbles quickly.Riddhima sighs as Ananya walks back in the room. Armaan had heard on the other line.Riddhima frowns and stays quiet.

"Lagta hai ke tumhe jaana hai," Armaan said.

"Lekin maine nai jaana," Riddhima said like a little kid.Armaan chuckles and the smile stays on his face.

"Agar main kahoon ke main tumhe subha ko phone karoga toh?" Armaan questioned.

"Promise?" Riddhima asked."Kyun ke aap ne aaj nai kiya."

"Promise," he said.

"Okay," Riddhima replies.

"Good night," Armaan said.

"Good night," Riddhima said and hung up.Riddhima walks upstairs smilingly.