Study Date

It was lunch break at Karasuno high and the majority of the students were busy eating.  Hinata walked into the classroom and caught Kageyama scribbling something in his journal.

Hinata looked over Kageyama's shoulder, "Hey Kageyama san, what are you writing?"

"Nothing Hinata," Kageyama said, as he made an attempt to cover up his page.

Hinata grabbed his journal and started to read his notes out loud, "Y/N Kageyama?"

"Idiot!" Kageyama said as he chased Hinata out the classroom.

Hinata kept on reading the notes out loud as Kageyama chased him out the classroom and into the halls.

Minutes later....

"So what's with the name stuff?" Hinata asked.

Kageyama took a sip of his milk, "It was just to see if the name looked nice or not."

The two friends were sitting in the shade at the school benches, near the soccer fields.  There were players practicing with their friends in the distance along with a couple trees.  Kageyama was sipping on his milk carton while Hinata was eating his lunch.

"I was wondering, why do you like Y/N chan?" Hinata asked, looking over at his taller friend.

"Why do you want to know?" Kageyama asked back.

"I was just wondering if you were shallow or not, nothing that special."

"Shallow?!" Kageyama yelled.

"Yeah shallow, it's not good if you're like that," Hinata replied, "I'm just here for the story."

"Tch fine, I guess I fell in love with her because of how nice she was.  My grandpa died two weeks before my middle school and-"

"Oh so no wonder you were so mean to me and Y/N chan when we first actually met."

"Do you want to hear the story of not?!"

"Yes yes I do now continue please,"

Kageyama cleared his throat, "Anyways when Y/N chan handed me a towel to borrow.  That made me happier I guess, knowing that there was someone out there to be kind to me.  Even though we were just strangers and we were enemies at the game."

"Oh that makes a lot of sense, but that was a short story," Hinata commented, "and Y/N chan does give off that energy, is there anything else about her."

"I like her smile and how small she is, nothing else though." Kageyama said, trying to hide his blush from Hinata.

"Kageyama san, are you blushing?" Hinata teased.

"No I'm not idiot!" Kageyama said as he got up to chase Hinata around.

While that was happening, Y/N and Yachi were passing the two friends from a far.  The two were on their way to the office to drop off some permission slips for the volleyball team.

"Hey isn't that your Kageyama and Hinata san in the distance?" Yachi asked, telling Y/N to look in her direction.

"Yeah I think so, I wonder why they'd be running though." Y/N replied, "anyways, we should get these to the office so we could eat lunch."

"Okay then, but we still do have a good 30 minutes left of lunch anyways," Yachi pointed out.

Kageyama was able to chase Hinata over to the vending machine.  Hinata was hiding behind a wall near the vending machine.  Hinata then poked his head over to see Kageyama bent over looking at the vending machine items.