Sodapop Curtis

As I was driving down the streets of Tulsa, Oklahoma with my friends in the car, my car starts to make a shuddering sound that gets louder and louder as time went on.

Luckily for me though, my two closest friends Sodapop Curtis and Steve Randle were in the car with me.

They were extremely good at fixing cars so I turned to them and asked "Do you think you could take a look at my car real quick?"

Steve rolled his eyes playfully at my question while on the other hand, Soda shot me one of his movie star smiles and said "Sure thing!"

I smiled back at him and followed him out of the car to the hood of it.

When he lifted the hood a plumb of whitish-grey smoke flew out causing us both to jump back as we coughed.

"Geez." I said causing Soda to laugh a little bit.

He swatted away the smoke with his hand and then stepped closer to it looking at the different parts.

After a couple of minutes he turned his head towards me and said "I know exactly what to do." with a bit of a smirk on his lips.

I just stood there in amazement as I watched him maneuver the different parts in the car because I knew that never in a million years would I ever be able to do something like that.

I also couldn't help myself from looking at him as he fixed the car because boy oh boy did he look hot doing it.

Apparently it was an easy fix, because he got the car up to normal within only a couple of minutes and said "Your car should be just about perfect now."

I ran to him real quick and gave him a hug while saying "Thank you so much I don't know what I would do without you!"

Soda hugged me back when all of a sudden Steve's voice rang out in our ears when he said "He only fixed your car it's nothing special." while giving Soda and me an exagerated dirty look.

I rolled my eyes a little bit and then walked back to the drivers seat of the car and hopped in.

Soda did the same and we continued to drive off as the cool wind blew at our faces.

"Hey Y/n can you take me home?" Steve asked and I quickly responded by saying "Yeah sure thing." while turning and going down the street that I would need to go down in order to make it to Steve's house.

As I pulled up to the front yard of his house Steve jumped out and said "Bye Y/n, Bye Soda see you tomorrow!" while doing a flip that he didn't land as well as he had intended.

Me and Soda laughed at his flip attempt and then Soda turned his head in my direction while asking in a soft manner "Do you feel the same thing that I am feeling?"

I turned and looked at him in the eyes not paying as much attention to road as before while saying "What do you mean?"

The truth was, I knew good and well what he meant and I felt the same thing, but I was afraid to jump to conclusions.

"Well you see I really like you and I was wondering if you liked me too." I could tell that he was nervous because he kept playing with his hands.

"I do like you too Soda I really do." I said causing both me and Soda to blush.

After that exchange of feelings the two of us continued to drive off down the road, only this time we both were filled with immense joy knowing that maybe living the life of a greaser from now on won't be that bad.