Johnny Cade

"Johnny!?!" I yelled trying to locate where my best friend was.

Earlier which was about 20 minutes ago, I had seen him run from his parents house which unfortunately happened to much, but what really surprised me was the fact that he didn't stop when I tried to yell his name as loud as I could.

Something was totally off and I didn't like it.

I decided that I would go to the lot and wait there for him because I knew at somepoint tonight he would probably have to sleep and this was his prime sleeping location.

It was late at night so after about 30 minutes of waiting on the car seat, I began to doze off.

Before I had fallen asleep, I had started a fire which meant that I was all nice and warm which made me even drowsier.

That was until all of a sudden I felt someone sit beside me.

I didn't open my eyes though because I was just too tire to do so.

But then to my surprise I felt the person (which at this point I knew to be Johnny because he was slightly talking to himself) lay me down across his lap as gently as humanly possible.

I was confused as to why he was doing this, but I didn't want to startle him so I just kept my eyes sealed shut and pretended to be asleep as he started to play with some of my hair that was probably a mess.

My heart was pounding so loudly I am surprised that he didn't feel it.

Damn, he was such a sweetheart.

That's an understatement though, he was the most kind and caring person that I had ever met in my life swear to God.

But what completely sent me over the edge was when he started whispering things to my so-called "sleeping" body.

"I wish I could tell you how I feel, I mean I would like to, but I feel like you are going to hate me." He said as to which I almost wanted to cry because I would never in a million years hate him.

I loved him too much not in a friendly sort of way but in a real romantic way.

I stopped thinking these things though as he started again saying "I bet if I looked as good as Soda or Dally, I would be able to make you my girl but why would she ever fall for some useless nobody like me. I have nothing to offer her except for an array of different issues."

I knew I had to do something, I didn't want to speak to him yet so instead, I moved my head more so that it was leaning directly by his heart.

I felt as he wrapped his arms around me softly but firmly making sure that I wouldn't fall down.

But what really made me do something was when I felt a tear drop down onto me.

He was crying, he was actually crying, I couldn't just sit there pretending to be asleep as he was crying what type of person would I be if I did.

"Johnny." I softly whispered causing him to jump a little bit and wipe his eyes quickly.

I don't think he knew that I heard him at the time.

"I need to tell you something." I said and he started to move around anxiously when I say that I mean he started almost rocking.

"W-What is it?" He questioned swallowing hard.

"I love you." I said in a way that felt as if those words just glided out of my mouth easily.

"I-I love you too." He said as a small smile formed on his lips but after only a couple of seconds, the smile faded away.

"But why would you love me?" He asked with his sad puppy dog eyes.

"What do you mean, you are the most amazing person I have ever met in my life. You are selfless and you always make me happy when I am sad no matter how bad my day was." I say trying to get him to understand how special he is.

"You really mean that?" he asks and I pull him into a tight hug while saying "Of course."

Even though the night was so eventful, the two of us fell asleep just like that, in eachothers arms keeping the other person safe.