Johnny Cade

I walked down the side of the street holding a bunch of different birthday presents for my boyfriend Johnny.

I wanted more than anything to make Johnny feel like there were people that cared about him so I thought that it would be a good idea to set up a little birtday celebration in the lot where the two of us could hang out and he could open his gifts.

Just I finsihed setting all the presents down on the ground, I could see Johnny nervously hurry to the lot where I was.

"Hi! Johnny!" I say while running up to him and pulling him into a tight hug and placing a delicate kiss on his cheek.

"Hi Y/n! What's all this?" Johnny asks eyeballing the different presents that were scattered on the ground.

"I wanted to make sure that we celebrated your birthday this year." I say as a smirk forms on my lips.

It was obvious that his eyes were filled with joy for a second but then after what seemed like only a few seconds, the smile faded and I could see a hint of sadness being reflected in his eyes.

"Hey what's wrong?" I ask hoping that he didn't hate what I had done for him.

"You shouldn't have bought all of this stuff for me especially since you need the money." Johnny says kicking a tuft of grass that had sprouted up.

"Oh don't worry about it honey, this is so worth it. I would do anything to see you happy." I say grabbing his hand.

For the first time in what felt like forever, he had a massive smile plastered on his face.

Yes, he smiles when me and the gang are around, but this was a whole new level of smiling, it was more than adorable.

"Ok well, how about you open your presents?" I tell Johnny excitedly anticipating his reaction when he sees what I got him.

He hurries over to the presents and opens a couple of them that were filled with more knick knack kind of things.

I couldn't wait to see his reaction when he opens the big gift I got for him.

He thrashed open the rest of the presents until one remains, gosh I was so nervous yet excited I couldn't wait any longer to see his reaction.

Carefully, he removed the wrapping paper and reveals a small box inside.

He lifts open the lid of the small box and looks inside.

Immediantly his jaw drops when he sees a small set of car keys sitting there.

"No. No. No." Johnny says freaking out.

"I can't take this, this is way too much." he says trying to give the keys back to me.

I push them back towards him trying to get him to take the darn things.

What he didn't know was that for quite some time I had been saving all the money that I had made from working at the DX and the Dingo to buy him a car.

"You have to take them, if you don't it'll be like all my hard work was for nothing." I say really trying to force him to take the gosh darn car.

"Why'd you do this Y/n? You know I don't deserve this." He says while wrapping me into the most gentle yet sweet hug ever.

"Well I did it because I thought that you would be safer driving down the street than walking down it, and you won't have to worry about no socs getting you." I say while smiling at his joyful self.

"Golly Y/n I love you so much." Johnny says as he follows me to where his new car is located.

"Love you more." I respond quickly.

As the two of us turn the corner, his eyes light up immediantly when he sees the nice black car waiting for him.

He sprints over to it and he looks the vehicle up and down before unlocking it and stepping inside.

I had never seen him so happy in his life, honest to God.

He insisted that I hop in and go on a drive with him, so excitedly I sat in the passenger seat next to him.

The rest of the day, the two of us just continued to drive around, stopping at the Curtis' house to show the guys and then going over to Buck's place.

Everywhere Johnny went that day, everyone around him couldn't help but smile, not neccessarily at the car, but at the fact that Johnny had really started to enjoy life.