Genius Lab

~A/N~
All English spoken sentences will be written in bold.
Enjoy :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Work had ended and Y/N was driving back to her apartment when she got a phone call. "Choi Y/N, speaking." she said. "Y/N, it's Yoongi." the voice answered. "You need anything, Mr Min?" she asked. "Fuck." he cursed. There was an audible shuffling of papers. "I'm assuming you're in your studio, and you dropped your sheets." Y/N said. "Yea, kinda... I wanted to know if you could help me, with opinions on the song I'm writing." he sheepishly said. "I'll be at Bighit in 10 minutes." she replied and ended the call, not forgetting to save Yoongi's number. It's the first time someone invited her to do something. She felt a bit nervous. Would her feedback make him discouraged? She drove to Bighit and hoped for the best.

———————————————————————————

Yoongi led Y/N to his studio. Why did he feel excited? They passed by a few doors, them being RKive, Hope World and Golden Closet, and stopped at his doormat. Y/N tilted her head at the doormat. She was 100% sure this was Yoongi's studio. The doormat did say "go away" with a cat (who she thought kind of looked like Yoongi) pointing the middle finger, so it was no question that it was his studio. He punched in the code and Y/N looked away. "Come on." Yoongi said as he pulled her by the arm. His hand seemed cold like hers but still radiated some warmth to it. Her heart rate increased. He seemed excited to show her his studio, which he named Genius Lab. She took a good look around. There were many colourful figures on shelves that were nailed to the walls. There was a mannequin wearing what looked like a jacket at the corner near the monitors. There were speakers and monitors with a keyboard. There was a black couch that could fit two people, but she doubted it was used for guests. What really caught her attention was the hidden Kumamon plushie that peeked out from one of the drawers at his desk. Yoongi must've known where she was looking, since he blushed profusely and ran to the drawer to close it. "L-let's get down to business." He stuttered and tried to avoid eye contact with Y/N.

Yoongi opened a file on his computer. "This is just an instrumental because I'm not done writing lyrics yet." Yoongi said while Y/N nodded. He pressed play and the melody filled the room. It had some sort of elegant feel to it but at the same time it was emotionally conflicting. It was really great. She knew it was going to be a huge hit."Wow." she whispered. "You like it?" he asked. Y/N immediately nodded. "Can I see the lyrics?" she asked. "Sure, feel free to give suggestions. I really need help with my verse." he said, opening another file on his computer. He scooted to the side to let Y/N sit facing the computer. Y/N skipped Yoongi's verse, since it was empty, and read the other member's lyrics. "So the song is about your greatest fear being a musician?" she asked, still looking at the monitor. Yoongi hummed in response. Y/N felt sad looking at the lyrics. So that's a musician's insecurity. Their music not being able to touch their own, and other people's hearts anymore. "Maybe you should try thinking about...how you feel when you hear a really good song from another artist." Y/N suggested. Yoongi thought for a while. "I guess I would say that my heart beats a little faster...?" Yoongi said. "Then does 'The heart no longer races' sound appropriate? It's a little more suiting since you're saying that you can't imagine yourself without music." she said. Yoongi widened his eyes. Why hadn't he thought of that? Was it because he really couldn't imagine his life if there wasn't music? Y/N shimmied to the side as Yoongi hurriedly typed in the two lines of lyrics for his verse. The heart no longer races, when hearing the music play. "I think I'll write the next line in English." he said. "You speak English?" she raised a brow. "Duolingo..." he scratched his neck. "What do you wanna say?" she asked. "'That would be my first death' and 'I was always afraid of' I thought of it for the next few lines." he stated. Y/N typed some words out on the computer. "What's that?" he pointed at the English words. "Your translation." she deadpanned. His eyes widened. She knew English? "I did business with Americans before...I spent a whole night studying and here's the outcome." she explained. Yoongi's mouth made an 'o'. "Can you read it to me?" he asked. "That would be my first death, I been always afraid of. I changed what you said a bit so it sounded more like lyrics." she said. "Tat wood be mai furst deip, Ai been arways apreid op...?" he tried to imitate her. Y/N mentally face palmed. This was going to be a long night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~A/N~
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR BOYS FOR GETTING A GRAMMY NOMINATION T-T
They absolutely deserve this T-T
What Yoongi wants Yoongi gets y'all <3
-T