Last day in the cabin

F/N's perspective

Well, so far my time at the Rose/Xiao long household has been..... well great overall. The day after I showed Yang and Ruby my powers, Zwei came back from the vet. That dog from what I've learned could probably single handedly beat my raptors through some quirky and knowable reason....

Anyway I've gotten to know the rest of the family pretty well, be it my conversations with Tai, sparing with Yang or geeking out with Ruby over weapons. It's been a great time, but like all great things it must come to an end as I found out that morning.

I was sitting on the couch munching on some bacon when Tai got a call on his scroll. The rest of the family sat around and did their own things.

Tai: "Oh hey Oz..... ya..... ok...... so when does he- got it. I'll let him know."

Yang: "What was that about?"

Tai: "Well I got news, F/N, you're going to Atlas."

F/N: "Finally, when do I leave? Week or two?"

Tai: "Tomorrow. Ozpin said you should fly Scales there starting tomorrow morning."

The mood in the room started to shift after what Tai said. Sure I knew I needed to get to Atlas, defeat the evil grimm king and all...... but I didn't expect to leave so abruptly. The same feeling could be felt by the others as Ruby and Yang looked saddened, Summer looking a little disappointed.

Tai seeing this from his family, put his scroll away and clapped his hands together, catching everyone's attention before he spoke.

Tai: "Well, seeing as this revelation has a few people down, why don't you all think of something you all can do before he leaves tomorrow."

Tai said with a smile that lifted our spirits a bit. Ruby thought about it for a minute before she clasped her hands together.

Ruby: "Oh! Want to watch a movie F/N!"

F/N: "Sure sounds lovely."

I said with a smile as I got up and went to put my dishes up, though Tai caught my shoulder and whispered to me.

Tai: "Can we have a talk later?"

I simply nod, the tone behind his words giving me an inclination on what he wished to speak about. He let my shoulder go as I went to put the dishes up. Though over the next decision Tai and Summer ended up having to go out and grab something's Ozpin wanted me to take with when I headed to Atlas, so they would be gone for a couple hours. Yang on the other hand went out to hang with some of her friends, which saddened me a bit before she gave a sly wink as she left.

Now that just left me, Ruby and Zwei with the house all to ourselves. Ruby at the moment was putting in the movie as I pulled the popcorn out of the microwave. I settled into the couch as Ruby plopped down next to me, remote in hand.

Ruby: "Ready?"

F/N: "Yup."

She smiled and played the movie, Zwei coming to join us after a bit, laying in Ruby's lap as we watched. The both of us taking handfuls of popcorn and munching on it. Overall the movie was quite enjoyable, plenty of action, some romance, not crappy dialogue. Though there were a few times when the two of us reached into the bowl at the same time and our hands touched. Which in almost movie like fashion we yanked them back, Ruby having slightly reddened cheeks due to embarrassment while I just tried to keep my cool. Though after a while the bowl was empty, the movie concluded, and the little rose ended up falling asleep, Zwei snoozing in her lap as her head rested against my shoulder.

Despite the slight awkwardness of the situation, I couldn't help but look at her sleeping peacefully. Her gentle breathing was calming in a way. I gently moved a bit of hair out of her face before smiling.