Don't dig straight down

F/N's perspective

I was the day after the party and I had started my investigation into the Schnee mine. Not really knowing where to actually go, I went to my best source of information, Ironwood. So now I stood in his office again, clad in my red warlock robes, staring at a holographic projection of the targeted mine.

F/N: "I appreciate the help sir."

I said as I looked to the side, Ironwood was standing next to me, his hands held behind his back. A worried expression plastered on his face as he looked.

Ironwood: "It's no problem, as much as I despise Jacque Schnee, we need the dust his company provides and this is something different. If it was a explosion or grimm-

Winter: "Business would continue as usual."

The both of us looked to the side to see Winter in her Atlas uniform, her rapier hanging from her hip.

F/N: "Good to see you again."

Winter: "To you as well."

She gave a soft smile which I returned before we both went back to our professional manners.

F/N: "As you two pointed out, if it was something slightly abnormal....... the only clue I got was brass and white liquid."

Ironwood: "Doesn't sound familiar."

Winter: "Same here, nothing at least natural fits that description."

F/N: "Which is what worries me more......do you mind if I use a Bullhead?"

Ironwood: "I'll do you one better, Schnee."

Winter: "Yes sir?"

Ironwood: "Accompany him on this op. There should be spare Bullheads about, though a pilot would need to be-

F/N: "Not necessary, you are giving me a favor so I'll do the same for you."

Fishing my scroll out of my pocket, pulling up the call app and tapping an icon. Raising it up to my ear, I waited a couple seconds before a familiar robotic voice spoke.

Orion: "You require assistance sir?"

F/N: "Yes Orion, meet me and Atlas Specialist Schnee at the Bullhead hanger bay, you're going on a mission."

Orion: "Orders received, estimated arrival in ten minutes."

F/N: "Good, see you then."

Orion: "Affirmative."

The call cut out a moment later as I turned the scroll off and slipped it into my pocket.

Ironwood: "Orion?

F/N: "Code name of the first of my forces to be constructed, think of this as a small test run."

Ironwood: "Very well, Schnee."

Winter: "Sir?"

Ironwood: "Give me a full report once this is over."

Winter: "Of course sir."

She gave him a salute before the two of us walked out of his office and towards the Bullheads. Making our way through the halls, Winter sprung a question.

Winter: "So Orion, that's the name of your robot?"

F/N: "Yes, named after the myth of a great hunter, thought it fitting for his purpose."

Winter: "Indeed, though when I met it......I had a bit of a-

F/N: "Personality? I programmed him with one, gave him more free thinking."