The party

F/N's perspective

I fidgeted with my jacket a bit, standing outside of the Schnee manor with Winter next to me. Old habits started to come back as I looked around at the other high society of Atlas making their way inside. Some gave slight dirty looks at the look of the clothing I wore.

F/N: "Well.....it's now or never."

Winter: "You're not going into a war zone."

She said with a half smile at my amusement.

F/N: "I told you I don't like parties."

Winter: "Yes, but you also said you were going to make a statement."

I sighed and started to walk in, Winter staying beside me as a butler greeted us.

Butler: "Ah, it's good to see you again Winter, and who might this be?"

He said gesturing to us, his gaze resting on me.

Winter: "Yes it is Klein, and this is F/N."

Klein: "Ah, the special guest......not what I expected."

F/N: "That's the point."

He nodded with a small smile and gestures inside.

Klein: "Please, enjoy the party. I will let Mr. Schnee know you have arrived.

F/N: "Thank you."

And thus we entered the party. I instantly caught many people staring my way, to which I paid them no mind.

Winter: "Now then, I have to go see to the General's wishes."

F/N: "Alright, I'll try and not cause a ruckus."

Winter smiled before walking off, leaving me alone in the center of the party.

F/N: "Well, guess I should socialize.....or go stand near a corner....... Yup second opinion."

I said to myself as I headed over to the punch bowl to at least get a drink. Still catching stares from a bunch of the guests. Some even looked at me in outright disgust.

F/N: (Bunch of pricks.)

I thought as I made it to the punch bowl, getting myself a cup. Though it seemed that not all the people were not content with just giving me dirty looks. I heard a forced cough, turning my head, I was met with the gaze of the youngest of the schnee children.

Whitley: "I'm sorry sir, but I believe you are in the wrong place. This isn't the riff raff kind of party you might be accustomed to."

He said in a high snobby tone, though it was a little less intimidating considering I had to look down at him to meet his gaze.

F/N: "Well that's certainly a way to introduce yourself. You can thank your father for the invite."

I said before taking a drink from my cup, fishing out the invite to clearly show him that I was supposed to be here.

F/N: "Your father wanted to talk, 'business'. So I'm here, names F/N."

I said in a halfhearted manner, Whitely taking my words k to consideration.

Whitely: "Whitely, so you're his special guest.....

He gave me a once over.

Whitely: "From how he spoke of you, I'd expect something a little more, formal."

F/N: "Welp just cause I was on the news and still am, don't mean I've got my pockets lined with lien."

Whitely: "Clearly."