Chapter 4: The Party

Celene

      I see lights as we drive a little further up the dirt road. A few people are outside as Damien pulls over and climbs out. He opens my door and takes my hand to help me out. Heat and electricity course through my body and I look into his eyes. Goosebumps form on me once more and I see them on his arms as he swallows hard.

      I fight the urge to kiss him as I slide my fingers  from his hand. Once we are no longer touching, the urge lessens. He smiles at me and leads me through the mass of people gathered in the doorway. I feel eyes on me as I walk into the fenced in back yard. I look to where I feel them and see Damien's brothers watching me.

      I feel fingers wrap around mine, pulling me from their gaze. I look at the hand and up to the face the hand belongs to. Rich, blue eyes stare through my soul as sweat starts to bead up on my breasts. Heat radiates off of me as I stare into those eyes. I step closer to him and look into his face.

      His hands land on my hips and gently squeeze but I can't let this feeling control my body. I look away and step back as I tuck hair behind my ear. I start walking toward his brothers needing distance before I do something I may regret. Leo greets me as he steps closer.

      "Hey Celene. Happy birthday. I hope you're enjoying the party."

      "Thanks Leo. I was wondering if you guys saw the twins I was with at the beach earlier," I say as I get on my tippy toes and and look around for Matt and Luc.

      "I haven't seen them since earlier. I'm sure they just found a couple girls to talk to," Marcus chimes in.

I look into his hazel-green eyes and smile.

      "I'm sure you're right," I say as I look as his exposed shoulder and see a tattoo.

      "Cool. Is that the only tattoo you have?"

      He turns and smiles.

      "Yeah. All four of us have one."

I bite my lip as he turns and lets me see it better. I step closer and touch it gently. Electricity and heat again.

      Wow, it's just as strong as with Damien.

I pull my fingers away and smile.

      "I have a few tattoos myself."

I unbutton two buttons and turn around.

      I pull my shirt off my shoulder and feel fingertips trace over the cherry blossoms. I gasp softly.

      "The biggest one I have is on my hip and thigh," I say as I slowly turn around and button my shirt back up.

      "What does your tattoo mean?"

Owen walks up and waves it off.

      "Nothing in particular. Why?"

      "I was wondering because I have one that looks exactly like that," I says as I turn around and see Damien standing in front of me.

      "You have this scorpion tattoo?" he asks, looking at me skeptically as he lifts his shirt a bit to expose his abs and scorpion in a circle tattoo.

      "Yeah. I got that scorpion tattoo last year. Why?"

Damien grabs my wrist and pulls me into the house. I look behind me and see the other three following closely. I follow blindly with his fingers lightly wrapped around my wrist.

      Every inch of my body is on fire and I can tell his is too by the way he keeps looking at me. The people around us pass by in a blur as we climb up two flights of stairs. Damien pushes a door open and pulls me inside. Owen closes the door after everyone is inside and the sound of the party fades to a very dull roar. I look around the room as Damien lets go of my wrist.

      "Are we in the attic?" I ask, confused.