Chapter 8: Breakfast

Celene

       I walk over to the mirror on the back of his closet door and look my body over. I notice him staring at me with a smile. I bite my lip and smile, then I turn around and look at him while I play with the ends of my hair hanging over my shoulder.

      "So, where's that shirt Leo?"

      "It should be hanging up in there," he says continuing to smile.

I rummage through each article and slide each hanger aside as I look for it.

      "Which one?" I ask as I move another hanger.

      "Trust me, you can't miss it," he says with a chuckle.

I continue to push hangers aside until I come up on a very long button-up. 

       I take it down and look at myself in the mirror as I press it against my body. Leo chuckles behind me as he watches my reflection.

      "This'll do nicely," I say with a smile.

I slip it on after I remove the hanger and place it back on the rack. I button up all of the buttons except the top three and turn to face Leo. He looks at me as if mesmerized and I giggle.

      "What? Do I have something on my face?" I ask with a grin.

      "No. You just look really good in my shirt," he says.

     "Thank you. I thought so too," I say as I gather the edges of the sleeves in my palms and turn to face myself in the mirror again.

      I tuck hair behind my ear and head for the door.

      "Get dressed and meet me downstairs," I say as I open it and step into the hall.

I bound down the stairs and walk up to the island in the middle of the room.

      "What's for breakfast?" I ask.

Silverware clatters against dishes as silence falls over the entire room. I look around at their gawking faces.

      "What? Don't tell me I actually have something on my face."

      "No. It's nothing. I didn't think that shirt could look good on anyone," says Damien as he and Marcus eye me.

I walk over to Owen who is standing next to a mouthwatering plate of French Toast.

      "May I ?" I ask as I stare at them and my stomach rumbles loudly.

      "Go ahead," he chuckles as he turns back to the skillet with bacon in it.

      I take half of the stack and sit on the stool next to Damien. They all watch me as I wolf down all five pieces and half of the pitcher of orange juice.

      "Must have worked up quite the appetite last night," says Marcus as I wipe my mouth with a paper towel.

      "And this morning," I mutter as I blush.

      "I was wondering what took you two so long. Speaking of Leo, shouldn't he be dressed by now?" Damien asks after laughing.

I look around for him, but I don't see him.

      "Should I go get him?" I ask as I stand.

      "Nah. I'll go get him. You probably put him in a mini coma," Owen chuckles as he turns the stove off and heads for the stairs.

I watch him climb the stairs until he's out of sight and turn to face Damien and Marcus.

      "Um... Was last night... Leo's first time?"

Marcus and Damien look at each other a second.

      "I don't actually know. He's not the type to kiss and tell, you know. Why?" asks Marcus.

      "No reason. Was just curious," I say as I shrug it off.

      "Ow..."

      "What's the matter? You bite your tongue?"

      "You did eat really fast," says Damien with a smirk.

      "No. My back is burning," I say and Marcus pushes the back of my shirt down.

        I gasp and wince as the pain goes from uncomfortable to unbearable. I start to scream when white, hot pain flows through me.

      "What is that Marcus?" asks Damien through my screams of agony.

He rushes over to the freezer and pulls out an ice pack.

      "I don't know! I've never seen anything like it before!" he exclaims as I hold on to the island for dear life.

He touches it and cries out as he pulls his hands away.

      "Don't touch it! You'll be burned!" he says to Damien as he goes to the sink and runs his hand under the cold water.

Damien places the ice pack on my back and I scream and buck, trying to get away from it.

      "It burns! Stop!" I scream and gasp.

      "Bathroom?"

      "Upstairs! Third door on the right," they say in unison.

      I hurl my body toward the stairs and hastily climb them. I run into the wall before running to pass Leo and Owen with tears blurring my vision.

      This pain is unlike anything I've ever felt before.

I kick open the door and almost fall to my knees before reaching the tub. I turn the water on full blast as my vision starts to come in and out. I put the stopper in the drain and pull myself into the tub as it fills up. As soon as the ice cold water touches my burning skin, I let out a blood curdling scream and pass out. My body grows cold as I sink to the bottom.