Chapter 25: A Fiery Night Pt. 1

Celene

      I look through the candles and put the red one aside for tomorrow. I place the rest around the house, leaving a large box of matches on the island. I grab one of the jars of peanut butter and try to place it in a cabinet standing on my tippy-toes. I feel a hand brush against mine as the jar is taken from me and electricity lights up my skin. I jump to the side and see Owen staring at me with the peanut butter in his hand.

      "Be careful! You know what happened the last time we touched," I say wide eyed and breathing heavily.

      Everyone turns to look at us as I press myself as close to the counter as I can.

      "You're saying that when you two touch, both of you are thrown to opposite sides of the room?" asks Marcus.

      "Well, not initially," says Owen.

      "Only when we pull away and then try to touch again."

They look at me as I move away as quickly as I can.

      "As long as I can feel electricity on my skin, I don't want to touch anyone. I don't want to hurt myself or anyone again," I say as I lean up against the stair railing.

Damien watches me as I slink behind the railing and sit on the steps. The corners of his mouth twitch as he fights a smile. (Let's be honest, the thought alone makes me want to laugh.)

      "How is tonight going to work if you two can't touch each other?" asks Leo.

      "Weren't you listening?" asks Damien.

      "I'm sure they'll manage Leo."

      "All they have to do is keep touching," says Marcus.

      "Maybe we should prepare and pad up the walls so you don't get hurt as badly."

      "Where are we going to do this anyway?" I ask as I stand.

      "My room," says Owen.

      "It's quite bare bones since I left," he says and looks at me.

I could feel his eyes burrow inside me and it makes my body react.

      As I start to breathe heavily, so does he. I look at him curiously and he me.

      "What is it?" asks Marcus as he looks between us.

      "I feel myself being pulled to her," says Owen as he swallows hard.

      "I feel it too," I say as I lick my lips and feel sweat bead up on my skin.

      "My body's on fire," I purr as I unfasten three buttons on my shirt, exposing my bra and fan my breasts.

I pull my hair away from my neck and suck air through my teeth at how sensitive it has become. I sit down on the stairs and start to pant loudly, digging my nails into the denim on my thighs.

      "Okay then. We need to hurry and set up the padding before they go mad," says Leo as they all look at both of us.

Owen's eye flash with white lightning and a bulb in the kitchen blows as he pops a few of the buttons on his shirt loose.

      I watch and moan as I squeeze my thighs together and scorch the wall behind me with my purple lightning.

      "Yup. We need to do that now," says Damien as he stares at me, his adam's apple bobbing up and down.

My body burns more as I wait. I completely unbutton my shirt and leave it open to get cool air to my sweltering skin as I breathe raggedly. The others run up the stairs past me and work on the windows and the walls. I stare at Owen as I wait and feel the pull grow stronger.

      My breathing is shallow and heavy as I step down the stairs slowly. I drag my feet, fighting to remain in control of my own body. It's being controlled by the deepest carnal desire buried in my very soul. I kick off my shoes as I walk closer. He steps closer and and pulls his shirt off.

      I look over his sculpted chest and abs. My eyes tracing over the curves of his broad shoulders and down his thick arms. I mentally trace the scorpion tattoo on his chest as we get closer.

      "Owen," I whimper as I unbutton my jeans.

      "I feel it too Celene," he whispers in a hoarse voice.

I hear feet pummel the stairs just as I reach my hand out and Owen does the same.

      "Celene! Don't! You have to wait," Damien says as he grabs my wrist.

I feel his scent fill me and I turn around. My very bones begin to burn with need.

      My lips curl up at the corners as I look into Damien's glowing, blue eyes filled with lightning. I press my hot body up against him, making my breasts push up. I look up into his face as he pants breathlessly.

      "This is how we both feel right now. The heat, the desire fueling our every move and thought. The sweat that coats our skin. The pheromones that seem to pull us to each other. This is the start of the test," I purr.

      "I feel how bad you want me."

I run my hand up his chest and he gasps.

      "That's how I feel right now. Like a hot poker is rubbing over my skin, but instead of pain there's pleasure and an insatiable hunger," says Owen with a groan as his eyes wander over my body.

I remove my hand from his chest and he gasps.

      "You just have to wait a little longer. We don't want either of you to get hurt," Damien pants.

      "We won't be able to wait much longer," I rasp as my underwear becomes soaked.

      Damien nods and swallows, then runs back up the stairs. I turn and try to walk away from Owen only to find it impossible. The more I move, the closer I get to him. I give up and try to remain still, but as I look at Owen all I can think about is having his massive arms around my naked flesh. I bite my fingertip and Owen groans.

      "I read your mind, you know. I know you were nervous about this. I also know that you really don't remember what happened that night."

      "What do you mean were? I'm still nervous and very worried. I don't want this to get weird tomorrow or later or whatever," he says with a serious expression.

      "I get it. I don't know if things are going to be weird or if I'm going to hate you or if things will be different between us after," I says as I look into his eyes.

      "So, what are you saying?" he asks.

      "I'm saying that I believe you and I forgive you."

      He looks at me with relief in his eyes. He steps closer and my breath hitches. His hand reaches out for mine and I almost take it before a voice bellows at us.

      "WAIT!"

      "The room... It's... Finished," gasps Marcus.

I grin at Owen and take off for the stairs. I move so fast I'm a purple blur with Owen in toe, moving almost as fast.

N/A 1/5/2022

Again with the cringe... I'm so sorry. This awful, but I refuse to remove it. Sorry not sorry.