Chapter 27: The Morning Of The Test

Celene

      I wake up feeling energized and happy. I look around the room and I sit up. I hear Owen yawn beside me and feel something tickling my nose. I pull it away and see that it's a feather. I look around the room again, curious about the amount of damage we caused.

      Feathers are strewn everywhere along with a tattered pillow and whatever is left of, what I assume is, our clothes. I pull the sheets as I stand, making them slide to the floor. I look at the walls and place my fingertips on a hole burned into the padding. These burns are all over the room. The sheets and mattress are, luckily, among the very few things that remained untouched.

      I go to the door and open it quietly. I look back at Owen to make sure I hadn't disturbed him and quickly step out, closing the door behind me. I walk to my room, padding my bare feet against the hardwood of the hall stark naked. As care free as I feel, I know that the boys will be startled to see me like this so I hurry to my door. I open it and see that there is broken glass on the floor.

      My eyes look to the window as I beg for it to be a cup, or a vase or something. The window sits there shattered and most of my things are soaked or completely ruined. I groan and frown as I look through my things. A lot of it is scattered about the room. I clean up what I can and grab something dry.

      I slip into the silken fabric, letting it flow loosely over my body. It shines in the morning light giving me an ethereal glow. I brush my hair free of knots and wash my face. The loose, thin fabric billows out as I stride down the stairs. I try to be quiet as to not wake anyone as I step into the living room.

      I'm surprised to see Damien, Marcus and Leo are already downstairs and removing the boards from the windows. They turn around as I walk through with the morning sun shining over me. Their eyes are wide as they stare at me.

      "Morning," I say with a large smile and I walk into the kitchen.

      "Whoa..." whispers Leo.

      "Um. G-Good morning Celene," says Marcus as he looks me up and down.

I'm busying myself in the kitchen, grabbing plates, pans, and bowls of fruit. Damien looks at me with shining eyes and a smile.

      "You look like an angel Celene," he says as he steps closer.

      I smile from ear to ear.

      "Thank you," I say and start preparing everything.

      "The power is back on right?"

All three of them nod. I make eggs, bacon, sausage, and crepes. I pull out a tub of whipped cream and set it on the counter next to the fruit.

      "Eggs, bacon, or sausage? Or all three and crepes?" I ask as I turn around.

They stare at me for a second.

      "All of it for me," says Owen as he comes into the kitchen with a crooked smile on his lips.

      "Good morning," I say with a smile and hand him a plate.

      "You can pick your berries and whipped cream for toppings," I say gesturing to the bowls to my left as I face him.

I wait for everyone else to tell me what they want.

      "Bacon, eggs and a crepe with strawberries please," says Damien with a smile.

      I hand it to him and place the whipped cream on the island.

      "Everything for me," says Leo.

      "Berries?"

      "Blue berries please."

      "I'll have a crepe with eggs and sausage please," says Marcus.

      "Any berries?"

      "Just whipped cream," he says with a smile as he scoops some up and places it on his crepe.

I grab myself a plate and fill it with eggs, two crepes and bacon. I smother the crepes in whipped cream and strawberries. I pick up a strawberry and swipe it through the whipped cream. I bite into it and wipe the cream from the corner of my mouth. Then, suck the cream off of my finger and swallow.

      I look at the boys and they're staring at me again.

      They saw that as sexual didn't they? Oh well. I like messing with them anyway.

      "Eat up. We have a lot to do today," I say with a smile.

I pick up my plate and walk outside. I sit on the bench under the tree and eat my breakfast. I look out at the ocean feeling heavenly. Everything around me feels different. The air, the grass between my toes, even the dust in the wind.

      I finish my breakfast and look down at the cave. I set my empty plate on the bench and walk towards it. As I walk, I notice everything moving by so fast. I stop and look around. When I start walking again, I find myself at the mouth of the cave in a matter of seconds.

      I turn and look up at the small cliff edge near me. I furrow my brow in confusion and turn away. I walk through the cave letting my hands guide me. Before I know it I'm at the back of the cave and I place my hand on the altar. Instead of feeling cold stone I feel cool cloth wrapped around something.

      I hear footsteps behind me and turn around. I hear his voice before I see his face.

      "I set everything up for your test early this morning," says Damien.

He steps closer and I see his blue eyes.

      "Thank you Damien. I'm sorry about last night. I know I put you in a strange situation," I say as I turn to look at the red velvet pile on the stone altar.

      "You mean making me feel everything you two felt for six hours straight? That was no walk in the park. I felt your hands, your lips... I could taste you... I'd never wanted someone more in my life than I wanted you last night. I heard every one of your moans and felt every time you came," he says and takes my hand in his.

      "I wish I could have you right now, but I won't jeopardize your chances with my own selfish needs."

I place my hand on his cheek and smile.

      "I understand Damien. That's how I feel every time we touch. I want you more than I can explain, but sometimes we can't and that's okay. We always have later," I say.

His eyes close and he kisses my palm. I smile and lean into his chest, wrapping my arms around him.

      We stand there for a moment and then I pull away. I walk back to the entrance of the cave and Damien follows. I stop before leaving and turn to face him. He stops and I look into his eyes. I step up to him and stand on my tippy toes. I place a gentle kiss on his lips and he sighs. He wraps his arms around me and kisses my lips harder. I break the kiss and bite my lip. He leans in and gives me another soft kiss. I drop back down and pull away.

      "I'll wait," he says with a smile.

I hold his hand and walk out of the cave as our fingers slide over each other and separate.

N/A 1/5/2022

Something has occured to me while reading through this again. Some people may not be able to tell that there is genuine love throughout this entire story. I mean, there is a lot of terrible, terrible smutt, but there is love. Let me know if it's noticable or not.