Chapter 24: Hurricane Winds

Celene

      I grab my phone and my new house keys and bound down the stairs. My body is still very sore as I walk out the front door. I walk around the property and feel the warm morning breeze and the sun on my face. I take a deep breath and look around. I notice an opening in the rocks nearby.

      I walk closer as I stare at it. I hear the waves crash against the shore as I get closer. I come to the edge of a small cliff and look for a way down. I see a small path and climb down. The roar of the ocean waves gets louder and the wind picks up more, blowing my hair around and into my face. I brush it away as I walk.

      When I'm at the opening, I feel a sense of safety overwhelm me. I pull out my phone and tap on the flashlight. I walk slowly through the mouth and look around. The further in I go, the less I hear outside. Stalactites and stalagmites surround me as I venture forth.

      The screech of bats sound overhead and they flutter their wings as I look up at them. When I finally find the back of the cave, I notice I stone formation that looks similar to an altar, standing before me. I lay my hand on the cool stone and slide it over the smooth surface.

      This place will do perfectly for tomorrow.

My phone buzzes and I look at Damien's face. I answer the phone in a hushed voice.

      "Hey."

      "Where are you and why are you whispering?"

      "I'm in the cave near the house. It's perfect for tomorrow. There are also bats and I don't want to disturb them," I say softly as I walk back to the entrance.

      I feel the cool breeze as it flows over the ocean.

      "I'm on my way back. I think there's a storm brewing out here," I say as I walk back to the path.

      "See you in a minute," he says and hangs up.

I squint against the wind as it whips my hair into my eyes. I follow the path back up to the house and open the front door, panting and shivering.

      "It's getting a bit chilly out there," I say as I sit down on the couch.

The boys are all staring at the TV. The weather man is saying something about the storm.

      "150 mile per hour winds are expected along with rain. A flood watch is in effect as well as a hurricane advisory for the entire island. Everyone should remain indoors until otherwise advised. Remember to board up your windows or stay somewhere away from them. We'll keep you updated with the latest as evacuation may be advised. Power surges are expected within the hour. We are being told that all stores are being overrun as people stock up on supplies. Bread, candles, flashlights, water and batteries are flying off shelves as we speak."

      "We should grab some supplies as well," says Damien as he pulls on his jacket.

      "I'll help," I say and grab mine.

      We head for the car as Marcus, Leo and Owen watch the news intently. We drive, quickly, to the nearest store and gather our supplies. I snag some snacks and a few jars of peanut butter.

      "It doesn't hurt to prepare for after the storm too," I say when Damien looks at me with his brow raised.

We rush to the car as the wind picks up even more. As we drive back it starts raining.

      By the time we arrive, it's pouring rain and we are soaked. Marcus, Leo and Owen have started boarding up the windows when we pull everything inside. I slide off my jacket and pull my soaked hoodie over my head, dropping it on the floor. My tank top is completely see-through from the rain and my nipples grow hard as I shiver. I kick off my boots and peel my jeans off my legs, leaving them with the hoodie in a wet heap.

      I run up the stairs as everyone watches me and head for my room. I pull some dry clothes from my dresser and turn around to see a soaked Damien standing in my doorway, his hands on the frame and a smile on his lips. He looks me up and down as water drips from his jet black hair, running down his face. I drop my clothes on my bed and turn to find him in front of me. He puts his hands on my hips and pulls me into a kiss.

      I pull away as I shiver.

      "I'm freezing Damien. I need to get out of these wet clothes."

      "I can warm you up," he says with a smirk as he stares at my lips.

He picks me up and sets me on my dresser. His lips crash against mine as he pushes my legs apart and leans into me. I pull his wet shirt over his head and he pulls mine up. His hands squeeze my bare hips as I sigh in his mouth.

      I dig my nails into his back. His lips and teeth graze my neck and I moan softly. I breathe heavily and squeeze the nape of his neck with his hand on my thigh.

      "Ahem."

Damien and I look toward my door, startled by the sudden sound. Leo looks at us with a slightly reddened face.

      "Um. The storm is getting worse. We need your help boarding up the windows."

      "Be down in a minute," Damien says with a sigh.

      He kisses my swollen lips before picking up his shirt and leaving. I climb off my dresser and change. Before I head downstairs, I grab a towel to dry my hair. All four of them are working to finish all of the windows in the house. I drop my towel in the laundry and offer my help.

      "Do you need any help?"

      "I could use more nails," Damien says as he adjusts a board on the window.

      I grab a handful and pop two between his lips with a wink before placing the rest on the table in front of him.

      "Need help?" I ask Marcus.

      "Sure. Can you hold this board in place?" he asks.

I help him until the entire window is covered.

      "Thanks," he says with a smile.

      "No problem," I say as I pat his shoulder and walk over to the island.

I put as much water in the fridge as it will hold and leave out two jugs. I collect all of the batteries and flashlights from around the house. I replace the batteries in the flashlights that need them and place them in a drawer next to the leftover batteries except two.

N/A 1/5/2022

I, in fact, did not explain the reason why they shocked each other. My reasoning is that she was late to discover what she was and all of that energy accumulated within her system. An overload occured because she could no longer contain it. The test is suppose to take place days or weeks after the woman comes of age. I'm sorry that I never explained it.