Author's Note ✔

Hey. I thought I'd write one last bit for the end of this book and let you know there is indeed a sequel, but I never finished it so it will take some time for me to write it. I'll try to have it all written and finished on here along with this one. I may end up rewriting or editing this one, but I haven't decided yet. I may forego author's notes within it, so if you've read them they will probably no longer exist. Anyway, how about an excerpt from the second book?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                      Theirs (A Reverse Harem)

                                                       Book Two

                                                        The Return

      A gasp is all that is heard in a dark, cold room. Hands smack metal as they are thrust out in surprise and fear. Loud banging echoes throughout the sterile smelling white room from a frozen locker in the wall. The door flies off with a loud clang and hits the floor. Glowing purple eyes  show from the dark, cold pit as fingers clasp around the edges of the opening.

      A body falls to the floor with a loud smack and bare feet slap against the tiled floor as they run to find a way out in the lightless room, bumping into metal trays and tables. Shaky hands clench a white coat hanging on a hook near the door, pulling it free and slipping it on with a swoosh. Buttons are hastily fastened by deft fingers and the door it pulled open with unimaginable force making it hit the wall and creak. Feet smack against more tile as they hurry to the nearest exit and push it open.

      Plumes of steam flash under a street lamp as gasping pants fill the quiet night air. Teeth chatter and feet pound pavement as the running commences. Turning the corner and rounding a bend with heavy breaths at unnatural speeds. The white of the coat is all that is seen as another corner is rounded and a street turned. Steam rises and pants blow through the air as feet pad dully against a dirt road and stop outside a tall, dark house.

      Silence fills the night once again as the purple eyes glow from behind a tall palm tree. Long, dirty fingers cling to the rough trunk and a light turns on next to the front door. A familiar male steps out and sits on the steps. His eyes look sad as he stares at the starry night sky and then out at the ocean. His chin trembles and tears stream down his cheeks.

      The fingers loosen on the bark and a dirt covered foot steps out into the moonlight. The other foot and then the rest. Head cocked to the side, staring at the man, unsure if he is who was in the memories floating around. Black hair, chiseled jaw, large hands, muscles, and blue eyes. It had to be him. The house seemed right and the tree with the bench.

      The man jumps when he sees the dirty figure before him. Dark, matted hair covers their face until the wind blows and it's tossed about, flashing the bright purple eyes underneath. He trips and falls back onto the stairs. He stares up at the figure in confusion and fear. A step forward and then another until they stand in the light cast over the stairs. The wind blows once more, moving the hair from their face as he looks on and his eyes grow wide before he cries out.

      "My Gods! Celene?!"