Finding Your Safe Place

(HEY OI THIS IS IMPORTANT READ THIS: ok so we have our first chapter trigger warning thingie- it's small but we have some mentions of child abuse, so please beware, but i will put a marker for when we get there so if you want to skip it you are more than welcome too! thank you for reading this, and enjoy!)

Mondo wasn't even aware he'd fallen asleep, that was until the sound of distant clanking and the sound of people talking woke him up.

He rubbed his eyes, after scratching his index finger on the edge of the wall it'd been pushed through, having fallen asleep with it still there.

He got up, and walked closer to the door, the noises getting louder.

"Mondo?" Mondo quickly walked to the wall after hearing Taka.

"Taka? Are you ok?"

"Yes I'm fine, good morning though." Mondo could hear the small smile in the other boys voice, making Mondo feel more relaxed.

"Did you sleep ok?"

Taka chuckled. "As well as you can when it's on the floor. But I didn't feel lonely, so I'm not complaining in the slightest. So thank you.." He thanked.

"Of course, Taka. I'm glad I could help." Mondo replied, feeling himself get lost in the comforting conversation. That was interrupted though by Taka having his door unlocked, and a man talking.

"Get out, C'mon." The man ordered. Mondo heard Taka mumble something along the lines of 'yes sir', his formality not slacking one bit. After a while Mondo was let out, and both escorted outside.

It was chilly, and it wasn't to full of many people. Neither of them could see Judy anywhere, but they both weren't too worried. They sat down on a bench and sat in silence. But it wasn't awkward, they both knew the other had a lot on their minds, and talking would just be a hassle.

After a while as more people came, Taka started to shiver a bit, what little clothing they had doing nothing to help the with the weather.

"Are ya cold?" Mondo asked, looking over at the smaller boy who had his arms wrapped around his body.

"Ah- just a bit, I be fine though. Don't worry about me." He responded. But it did nothing to change Mondo's mind as he started to take of his jacket. "M-Mondo? What do you think your doing?!" Taka asked as Mondo started to wrap it around his body.

"Trying to be nice and give you my jacket, what's it look like?" Mondo answered, making Taka feel very embarrassed.

"That's not necessary!"

"To you it might not be." Mondo successfully had put his jacket on Taka, the smaller boy haven given up half way through, knowing he could do nothing to change Mondo's mind. Mondo fixed the collar, and asked. "Well? Feelin' any warmer?"

"I.. Yes.." Taka mumbled, practicaly dying on the inside due to embarrassment, but he couldn't deny the fact that he did feel better. Mondo smiled a bit, and leaned back on the bench, closing his eyes. "Are you tried?"

Mondo just nodded, crossing his arms. Taka, with a lot of suddenly gained confidence, unwrapped one of Mondo's arms and wrapped it around his back and leaned into Mondo, lightly resting his head on his side.

"Taka-?" Mondo choaked out.

"Is this ok?" He asked, looking up at him with a forced look of innocence. Mondo just looked away, blushing furiously. But he still moved his arm slightly to accommodate more to Taka, as he got more comfortable.

-
-
-
-

After what felt like 30 minutes or less, everyone was outside, but no sign of Judy. Mondo didn't end up sleeping, but him and Taka did have some comforting small talk. The door opened and Cecil emerged, completely wrapped up in clothing, little to no skin showing. He shuffled (having a hard time walking while wearing so much clothing) his way to the pair, trying his best to be respectful, seeing as they looked like they were having a moment.
After a while they saw him, and quickly separated, and tried to act like everything was normal.