First Meeting

Now to continue, I was supposed to cross the street when a 1000cc bike almost hit me.

"Watch it girl!!!", a woman with very low husky voice, wearing a dark blue racing suit warned me then she screeched her bike without waiting for me to respond.

I was left speechless. How dare that girl ruin my wonderful day.  All I can do is let out a silent shout.

"No Claire today is the best day of your life.   Don't let small-minded people ruin your day"  I told myself while trying to calm down.  I continued to walk trying to erase the mishap that just happened.

At my parents' house...

"Have you packed everything you need?"  my mother asked me adamantly.  She seemed more excited than I am.  At least she looked like it, but I can tell, she is a bit hesitant.  I am her only child after all.

"Yes, mom I have everything"  I let out a wry smile and continued.  "Don't worry mom, it's not like you can't come and visit me.  I am not leaving the country, let alone leaving the city.   I am just nearby.  I can always come visit you whenever I have the chance"  I assured her.

My mother let out a defeated kind of sigh "Alright, make sure you come to us first if you need anything" she smiled and said, "I can't believe my baby is all grown up."  She then jokingly smacked my behind and continued "Hurry up, your dad is waiting for you on the car"