On Gaining a Friend

I tried several attempts to get close to Chris, and most of the time, I'd fail. Whenever I do get her to speak to me, it would just be small talks maximum of three words to be exact. Often, she would just smile at me then she would hurriedly go inside her flat. But I felt that getting a smile from her is a start, getting her to speak up would be a great achievement and I think receiving three words the most is good enough.

Most mornings, I would come out my flat with Xian already waiting outside my door. He would bring an extra helmet with him and we would ride on his bike on our way to work.

Lindsay has been especially chatty with me ever since I have gotten close to Xian so much so that rumors about us dating began to spread. Lindsay didn't mind at all; in fact, she finds it rather amusing. It is slowly starting to affect me; my sexual orientation is straight after all. Never in my wildest dream do I ever think about dating a fellow female, let alone Lindsay.

Then again, would I feel as annoyed with the rumors right now if it were Xian they are referring to and not Lindsay? This has conflicted me big time. I mean I know I am looking at Chris' face and Chris' body but talking with Xian feels like I can personify him in front of me instead of Chris. I am starting to question my sexuality.

For quite some time, I have slowly gained Chris' trust. I started to hang out her in her flat during night times whenever I am free and we would often talk about her alters, well, more like about Xian most of the time.

I began to start being able to distinguish the alters despite having not met Max yet. I noticed the change in the color of her Iris. I guess, it is true what they say about Iris changing color depends on the mood of the person. Somehow, I was able to tell who is fronting by merely looking at her eyes.

Xian fronts more and more just to spend time with me. We would go out on dates during weekends, go to the cinema, play in the arcade, or go to a racing circuit. And most night times, he would come to my place so that we can watch movies while snuggling on the sofa. I feel so comforted whenever he is around. Little did I know, Chris' world started to crumble.