Has the Storm Passed now?

While at the hospital, after receiving first aid for my lacerated forearm. I was then brought to the police station and. They suspected domestic violence and that I was the one who inflicted Chris' wounds. Good thing, Chris's father called to have me released. 

I feel somehow, Chris' father is keeping a close eye on her all the time.  As it turned out, the patio door broke because Chris or rather Max threw one of her dining chairs to it. Her father told me that, although there are times where Chris would inflict harm to herself, it isn't always as violent as it looked last night.

Chris' father told me not to visit her at the hospital until she is conscious as herself.

I waited for several days until her father called to tell me that it is okay.

I went to the hospital with her favorite stuff toy. She hugged it the moment she saw me with it.

She kept on apologizing for what happened, but everything was a daze for her. In the end, I decided not to tell her everything instead I asked that she focus on getting herself well.

I bid her farewell after I had her settled on the hospital bed.

As I reach the door, a familiar tone of voice called me.

"Claire"

When I look back, his hazel brown eyes greeted me that I ran back to meet him.

"Xian"

I held his hand and looked at him with loving eyes, "Are you okay?"

"Don't worry. I am fine, a few scratches won't kill me" he said trying to let out a smile.

I touched his face. "I was so afraid"

He took my hand and planted a kiss on my palm "Hey, I am an alter I don't die"

I was helpless, I had to smile.

"What happened to Max? Is he coming back?"

He hesitated at first but then eventually replied.

"What happened with him was my fault but don't worry, I'll get through this somehow. I'll find a way to suppress him, so he won't harm Chris anymore"

The way he reassured me felt so sad as if something big is going to happen.

He then forced a smile and kissed me on the forehead before telling me that he is going to sleep for a while.

Everyday after that I'd visit Chris after work. Yes, Chris. Her alters were nowhere to be found but she said, they are still there, she can still feel them and at times, talk to them in her dreams.