Fate Intertwined

While sitting on the shotgun seat of my father's car on our way back to my flat, I was so deep in my thoughts I did not realize what was going on my surroundings that my father felt the need to interrupt my silence.

"Not quite what you were expecting, I suppose?"

I was pulled back to reality, so I just smiled. I know right away what he was talking about. Somehow, I felt fate has brought me and Chris together. I have always been part of her life ever since the frightful event happened to her. The reason I was drawn to Xian is because somehow, she manifested him as a detective, it seems like her brain got the idea from my father who rescued her.

"Was it the reason why you only served one year as police chief?" I asked.

"Hehe, right back at me huh?"

"Well, I felt I did not deserve the promotion. First, it took me some time to catch him enough for the kid to be harmed. Second, he was willing to surrender anyway and all I did was trace the call" he explained.

"Dad don't ever doubt yourself. You were the only one who believed that the cryptic call came from the suspect and that alone helped a lot"

"Well, what's done is done. I never regretted retiring after a year from my promotion. I get to watch over you and protect you and, to me, that's all that matters" my dad displayed a reassuring smile.

Indeed, I was lucky to have such loving parents who are always around whenever I needed them.