Gluing Back the Broken Pieces

I never saw Max and Xian after that event. Chris was able to get back to work and most of the time, it was just her, Lindsay seldom comes out as well.

Chris told me that she can still feel Trevor and Lindsay lurking in her head, but it seems Xian and Max became dormant somehow.

I told Chris that I am glad that Max won't bother her anymore but somehow, I felt sad deep inside because I won't be able to talk to Xian anymore.

One night, we were watching a science fiction movie one night when Trevor suddenly came out.

"Hello Claire, how are you?" You would easily know it was him because of how neat the words came out from his mouth are.

"I am only appearing to you one last time because I felt the need to explain somethings and to thank you for helping Chris"

I just vowed my head unable to look at Trevor in the eye without showing some glimmer of hope that Xian would also come out.

"Thanks to you, Max's violent behavior stopped. He has become dormant because Chris is no longer afraid of him.  Max never really meant to hurt you, you know. People with DID aren't violent, perhaps you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time and Max panicked."

"And Xian?"

Trevor stopped for while before he finally talked.

Unfortunately, Xian can no longer come out, as well, because Chris feels she can already protect herself"

"What will happen when an alter becomes dormant?"

"They will live on as themselves in the inner world and they will forget everything about being an alter"

"I guess, Xian has already forgotten about me then" I sadly quipped.

"Yes, that's the case. So, if I were you, live your life and find your own happiness. You won't get anything from loving an alter"

I was left in silence unable to move my mouth. If I say anything, I might cry so I just zipped my mouth shut.

"That's all I can say to you, goodbye and live well" after that he switch to being Chris once again.

"Did anything happen?" Chris asked.

"Nope. You just dozed off. Everything is perfectly fine" I smiled trying to hide the sadness in my voice.

"Ey, Claire. Dad is opening a branch in China and he thinks I am ready to take charge on one of the departments there. Would you like to come with me this Summer? You can continue your studies there afterwards if you like" Chris asked out of the blue.

I supposed travelling would be a great therapy to help heal a broken heart. 

"Why not?"