A Confusing Revelation

Over the summer, I had become so accustomed with Lindsay being cocky confident one-time, flirty seductress the next, to being meek and aloof the other. It was so bizarre indeed, but I told myself perhaps that's just her, people are permitted to have mood swings, hers is just over the top and very visible. She has not made any ruckus over my existence, so it is not the end of the world for both of us.

Once school began, my workload was cut in half. The company has arranged it that way when I first started working for them.  It was like hitting two birds with one stone.  I got to go to college and work in a prestigious company at the same time.

During the morning, I go to school while I work in the afternoon and I do get to bring some work at home, so it was okay if I don't finish some of my designs right away as long as I meet the deadlines. My manager also does not give me any projects at short notice, so I always have time to finish them. Yes, I have good relationship with my manager, Elsie. She has been great to each and every subordinate she has in the office, she was even quick to adjust with Lindsay's constant mood swings.

I took an elective class every Wednesday as my last class of the day just to fill in my study load, nothing special just behavioral psychology. I thought maybe if I can learn the basics about how a person behaves, I can incorporate that knowledge on my designs. 

During the first day, the professor was discussing about brain anatomy. You know that feeling when your professor is so entranced with the topic of his discussion but his students were not at phased with his enthusiasm? That is exactly how I felt the moment the teacher opened his mouth. I was about to doze off when a girl with rimmed glasses sat next to me.

"The brain is such a wonder, but it is such a very misunderstood body part, don't you think?"

I was taken aback that I lost all my sleepiness. 

What the... Who dare disturb my slumber? Weh? Lindsay? Again? 

 I never knew she has eyesight issues; she clearly does not display that at the office. She looked so smart and nerdy. So far from the flirty office girl or the motorbiking cocky girl or even the shy meek girl I have met.

"Lindsay? You're here!!!" me clearing my throat and trying to act not surprised but my voice is still giving me away.

"Please... Lindsay is not interested in anything intellectual stuff, let alone behavioral psychology" she let out a frustrated sigh whilst rolling her eyeballs.

"What?" I was puzzled with what she just said.  And what's with the accent?  Why does she sound like some British aristocrat?

"By now you have already met several of us. The shy and meek girl is Chris, she is our host. The sultry, seductive one is Lindsay, the sexual alter. Then there's Xian, the cocky sporty one, he is the protector, and you are talking to the lovely moi, my name is Trevor, I am the internal self-helper" she talked so casually as if the listener knew what she was saying.

"Huh?" I questioned wrinkling my forehead. I was more puzzled than I was before.

"We'll have more time to talk about this when there's an opportunity. Don't worry, I'll let everyone know that I have let you in our secret, after all, you seemed to have left an impression on both Lindsay and Xian. And from the looks of it, you seemed to be the kind of person who is open-minded enough to understand what dissociative identity disorder is.  Tata..." 

She smiled like she accomplished something, but she left me bewildered that my mind felt like it has lost its signal for the rest of the class.