Danger Lurks When There is a Sign of Weakness

Over the next few days, I sense an eerie awkwardness between me and Chris, so much more when her alters are around. Then one night, I was suddenly awakened by a loud bang. I can hear glasses being broken and shallow screams and pleading. The first thing that came into my mind was Chris.

I hurriedly got out of my bed, put on my overcoat, and ran out my door to go to Chris' flat.

When I turned the knob, the door was locked.

I shouted, "Chris!!! Open the door. Let me in. What's happening?"

No Answer...

The banging continued...

I had to find a way to get to Chris. I don't know what I will find but I have to see her somehow.

I remembered broken glasses...

The patio door...

I ran back to my flat and went out through the patio door all the way to the terrace.

Indeed, her patio door is broken, I went in and my eyes grew wide in horror.

Chris was holding a knife on her right hand and she was trying to stab herself.

I raised my hand to stop her.

I managed to get the knife out of her hand, but it scraped my right forearm nearly penetrating my flexor carpi ulnaris.

I fell on the ground succumbing to the excruciating pain.

"Is this her, Xian?" A mocking sound left Chris' mouth followed by a devilish grin.

I knew right away...

"MAX"

He slowly walked towards me, maintaining that nefarious smirk of his. He then knelt on one knee and cupped my chin on his right hand.

"I didn't know you have such plain taste."

I looked at him, my eyeballs hurt from trying to overpower his infernal stare. Slowly my tears fell from the corners of my eyes, but I kept my ground. I must not show that I am afraid of him.

I am slowly losing...

He slowly moved his arm on my neck strangling me in the process.

He then moved his head and bit my shoulder so hard; I can't help but shout. He then bit my lips swollen to keep me from making any more noise.

"Too innocent" letting out an evil laugh.

Suddenly, Max's left arm grabbed his right that Max fell on his back.

"LEAVE HER OUT OF THIS"

"Xian!!!" I blurted.

I was glad but scared at the same time.

The switching from Xian and Max switched back and forth until they became co-conscious. I marveled at the sight while dreading it. Normally, when Chris switches, it does not happen in a snap and usually you won't be aware of the switching until you see her iris color change.

In shock, I watched the fight between Xian and Max continued until they became unconscious.

When I snapped out of it. I hurriedly called the emergency phone number and requested for an ambulance.