It is her, but is it really her?

The next few days were uneventful, I had asked for a three day leave from the design company I was interning, and they have been very considerate to give in to my request. 

Apart from the occasional shouts at the fourth floor coming from the mother trying to get her kids to do the chores in the morning and the few noises at night coming from our neighbor's dog downstairs and from the stray cats in the alley, it was nothing I can't handle. 

 I have lived in a posh neighborhood all my life so I kind of found the new experienced noises fascinating. The girl next door is as quiet as a sneaking rat as well. I haven't seen her in the past two days that I have settled in my new home.

I woke up early in the morning, I wanted to make sure that I won't be late for work, I still have to find my way where to commute, after all, and being late (not that I ever was late before) is not a good impression after being given a favor.

I was walking on the side street when a big bike stopped next to me. It was my next-door neighbor.

"Hey girl, want to ride?" she said in that low cocky voice of hers.

I was supposed to decline nicely but when she opened the visor of her helmet, her hazel eyes were menacing. It was rather overconfident, and the aura is so different from the last time I saw her when she was going inside her flat.

I ended up giving her a smug "Thanks, but no thanks" reply with an added fake smile.

"Suit yourself" 

She then rammed her motorbike and moved away leaving the smoke for the motorbike exhaust gathering on my face. 

 "Huh!!! This girl is really killing me" 

Good thing I don't have to communicate with her despite us being next door neighbors.

My mood changed when I reached my destination.  I have always wanted to work in this prestigious company and I was lucky to have won the chance to be an intern when the company held a design contest at our school. 

"Hey Claire, welcome back. How was your new flat?" Elsie, our design manager asked while we were waiting for the elevator door to open. I bumped into her on my way to work.

"It's okay, thanks by the way for letting me leave for three days to get settled. It is such a big leap for me to live on my own you know" I responded with a smile.

"No worries... Oh, by the way, we just hired another intern yesterday so I hope you can help her."

"Sure, anything I can do to help, no problem" I responded trying to sound confident.

"She is the daughter of our CEO and is a bit on the flirty side, so I am warning you not to clash with her. Okay?  Anything she does that's not work related just ignore, otherwise you might jeopardize your regularization. You need this job to finance your college education, right? ",