Bittersweet

When I arrived in my flat, Chris is not home yet so I waited for her until I fell asleep on my sofa. I woke up at midnight and decided to brush my teeth.

While I was in the toilet brushing my teeth, I noticed my mirror jumped a bit followed by a thud on the wall.

OH NO!!! MAX IS BACK.

I quickly rinsed my mouth and picked up my phone and went directly to Chris' flat. Chris' father gave me the combination for her main door lock, so I was able to get in quickly.

Max was wreaking havoc once again.

He had smashed the bathroom mirror and went to the kitchen area to break the plates. Thankfully, he just started so he was not able to hurt Chris yet. I still have time to save her.

"Stop it Max, stop doing this to Chris" I shouted.

I got his attention, so he walked towards me angrily that I stumble and fell on my behind.

"And who are you to stop me?" he growled at me angrily.

He was about to hit me when Xian came out and used his left arm as shield from his right arm. He was able to suppress Max and then helped me stand up.

"GO!!! Get out from here, I am not able to hold him for much longer"

My eyes were moving involuntarily as I looked at Xian's worried hazel eyes, I didn't know what to do. I wanted to stay and be with him.

He suddenly hugged me.

"I will always be here with you..."

He then kissed me passionately.

"I LOVE YOU"

I do not know how to react. Why did he feel the need to tell me that with Max threatening to come out?

"No matter what happens, you have to be safe. Now, go"

As I was running towards the door, Max came out again. He was able to take full charge of Chris' body this time.

I was almost out when I remembered something. The recording from my phone. I hurriedly played it with maximum volume.

Max froze as he heard each and every single word that the driver told me. Every single tear in the driver's eyes, he saw it all.

Slowly, his aura changed, slowly he got weaker and weaker. Slowly he became Chris once again and fainted on the floor. I ran towards her and luckily, I caught her before she hit her head on the ground.

When Chris woke up in her bedroom, I had already cleaned up the mess caused by Max a few hours back, so I stayed by her side and watch over her.

"Hey, the sun is almost out, want to catch the sunrise?" I smiled reassuringly.

"Claire!!!" She was so glad to see me.

I helped her up and we went to the terrace to catch the sunrise.

"It's a beautiful day today." Chris exclaimed.

She then glanced at me and said "Thank you Claire for showing that clip and for staying by my side"

She stopped for a while and continued "I am not afraid of Max anymore. I don't think he would be coming out any time sooner" she ended her sentence with a smile.

"I hope so Chris, I really hope so"