A Birthday Kiss-Kaeya

Summary; It's Kaeya's Birthday and he wants a birthday kiss from you, the problem is you never kissed a tone before.
-

November 30th, a regular day for many, waking up to perform their daily routines and carry on with their roles. But not so much for the Knights of Favonius, today wasn't just a regular day especially for a certain bluenette.

Currently, the Knights of Favonius were crowing around at Diluc's tavern, a small party with wine and little treats around the table. The redhead himself seemed a bit annoyed by the situation but kept to himself.

You sat at one of the tables a glass of wine within your fingertips. Your eyes gloss over the winery, Jean and Lisa were in deep conversation, Amber was enjoying the food laid out on the table, and Venti? Well, Venti being Venti was engulfing down large concerning amounts of alcohol. Familiar faces appearing in your eye of vision yet you didn't feel compelled to converse with anyone. To be fair you were exhausted returning from Liyue Harbor to attend the small party and haven't gotten a lot of rest the night before.

You reached for your glass of wine hoping to drown out a yawn that parted from lips. The cool liquid felt refreshing, was it enough to keep you awake? Perhaps not but you enjoyed your moments of consciousness as it last.

A voice pulled you from your drowsy mind, placing the wine back on the table you turned to greet the voice. You were met by the mysterious yet charming eye of the birthday man himself, Captain kaeya. His icy blue hair was styled, as usual, icy blue locks swept to the side. Greeting him with a smile, you couldn't help but let your heart flutter.

" Are you sure you enjoy sitting here all alone? Or did going off to Liyue made you cold?" So he noticed I was intentionally ignoring everyone, you thought to yourself, but that didn't stop a laugh from parting your lips. " Not at all, I'm just a bit sleepy that all." The bluenette didn't reply instead he looked amused by your answer. " Besides today is not about me, how are you enjoying the evening?" You finished, acknowledging the significance of the party.

Kaeya's eye lit in curiosity. " Oh, so you remember it my birthday? If I didn't know better you just came here for the wine." You rolled your eyes at his response but his cheeky smile continued to make your heart flutter.

" Of course I did, unfortunately, I didn't bring a gift." You say turning back to take a sip of wine. Kaeya seemed to be I deep thought his eye dull for a moment before returning to its mischievous glint.

" How about a birthday kiss?" You swore if it weren't your sleepy mind you would have probably passed out by the idea of kissing the bluenette. You chuckled, dust of pink starting to cloud your face.

" Bold of you to assume I know how to kiss people." You replied amusingly. But truth be told, this would be your first kiss if it were to occur. But Kaeya is just joking. Right?

Kaeya let out a chuckled as well, his face slowly inched closer to yours, not significantly but enough to make your heart beat faster. Your sleepy mind awoke in shock, racing with many thoughts." Oh? It's not that hard." The captain replied. At this point your blushing form was obvious. Mustering your confidence you pursed your lips pretending to be in deep, but you were struggling to compose yourself.

" Really? Why don't you show me?" He was playing bold so why shouldn't you? However the moment the last word left your lips you instantly regretted it, feeling your face become redder by the passing second. You maintained eye contact with the cavalry captain, refusing to seem so weak in front of him.

He smirked, once again inching closer to your tomato like face. " It'd my pleasure." His voice was almost like a whisper, it ran a shiver down your spine. His hand gently rested at your chin, lifting your head to meet his gaze. His other hand went to grasp yours. The distance grows shorter and shorter before his lips were merely brushing against yours.

Your body grew tense as the distance closed. You were surprised to feel him squeeze your hand almost comfortingly, relieving some of the tension. You closed your eyes, turning to return the kiss.

After a few moments, he pulled away. A smirk still present on his lips. " See, I told you it wasn't that hard." Your lips parted to speak but no words came out. Noticing this Kaeya added, " That's the best gift I've gotten today." His eyes flickered to his glass wine, then back to you. Picking up the glass he turned to his heel, most likely to refill his glass. " I don't want to bother you any further, I'll leave you to continue sulking."

His humor causes you to chuckle despite your flustered form. " Kaeya." You called out for the bluenette. Kaeya turned to face you again. He flashed you a smile, neither smug nor cheeky but a genuine smile.

" Happy Birthday."