Bandages- Scaramouche

Summary: You returned injured trying to patch yourself up and your boyfriend is distraught.

Warning;mentions of blood
-

A hiss escaped your lips as you gently as you could press the damp cloth to your the wounded located on your arm. A stab wound. Which broke through your soft skin revealing the crimson red blood of your flesh. That wasn't the only wound that coated your body. No. Just one of many that littered your skin.

The battle wasn't supposed to this cruel. There wasn't even supposed to be a battle, to begin with. A simple debt to collect for the Fatui. Yet a fight broke out, one you weren't ready for. But of course, you still fought the best you could. You just weren't expecting the damn man to do that sneak attack on you.

His vision was Pyro? Yes, that was it. The smell of charcoal and smoke still clung to your nose. You remember your lungs burning from the blazing flames around yet there was nothing you could do. Just continue fighting. You struggle to recollect the memories of how you survived but your mind was already too hazy from the blood lost to recount itself.

Another hiss parted from your bloody lips, smeared across your skin. The damp cloth was painted red, the sight alone made you sick to your stomach. The flesh wound was still flooding around with blood, you knew you would need a second hand if you were to patch yourself to health without the chance of infection. But you didn't want word of your dramatic injury to get out. More specifically reach a certain Harbinger.

Of course, you're referring to the Sunning and ruthless, Scaramouche, your boyfriend. You knew that if he found you in the state you were currently in, he would start whining how 'you should more careful you dumbass.' And you didn't want to endure his complaining. He's your boyfriend, not your dad.

You almost started to rethink that judgment when another sharp pain shot through your injured arm, earning a cry from you. You were losing blood but you were too stubborn to go to a healer. A click can be heard from the door of the room you were residing in. Your head turned over to eye the door waiting to see who was entering. Shoulders hunched in relief as the silhouette become instantly recognizable. It was your boyfriend. Shit. The last person you wanted to see was just about to enter the room your in.

But you were in too much pain to try to hide or make a run for it. Either way, Scaramouche would have seen your pathetic attempts at keeping yourself alive. Your eyes flickered elsewhere not wanting to see your partner in the eye as he discovers the blood staining your clothes. Your blood.

" I was looking everywhere for you. You told you'd find me after you were done at-"

You hear him stop in his tracks as he finally took a better look at your state. Your h/c hair was a nest. Your clothing has cuts, and blood stained the fabric. Your hand still clutched the damp towel. " What the hell y/n?! What happened?!" And he's complaining, you thought to yourself mentally laughing, too tried to laugh with pain throbbing your body.

" I'm fine. Just a fight broke with some pyro user. That's all." You croaked trying to mask the hoarseness of your voice. Traces of smoke still lingered your lungs, your sure leave that part out.

" You call this fine you dumbass? How long were you bleeding for? Why didn't you go to a healer?" He asked taking the damp cloth from your hand. His finger brushed against the stab wound, causing you to wince at the pain shooting through you. His touch was gentle which surprised you. He was often rough both through his words and actions. But you kept your thoughts to yourself.

" What happened y/n?" He asked once more. His voice was much calmer and less intimidating compared to when he first asked. " As I mention, the guy was a pyro user. We weren't expecting an attack, and we weren't ready when it did happen." You replied carefully with your words.

You received no reply from Scaramouche instead met with the wary silence of the room. You glanced back to your boyfriend, the silence starting to pull on your nerves. Scaramouche was carefully analyzing your arm. His was unreable but that slightly made you at ease. Suddenly the bluenette reached over to grab a new washcloth. He glanced up to meet your gaze. " This will sting. But take it as a reminder to not be such an idiot again." He warned, drawing the cloth closer to your arm. His consideration brought a smile to your lips but instantly curled as you felt the cold liquid meet your arm.

After cleaning the wound he moved to stitch the gash together to prevent further bleeding. You tilted away to avoid the needle. " Thank you for this." You said almost incoherently. Scaramouche eyes flickered towards your then back to the needle between his fingers. " Don't be an idiot next time, I mean it. Your stupidity is going to get you killed."

" You were worried about me?" You teased slightly. In response, he poked the needle into your skin, not enough to cause too much pain but enough to get the warning. " Ouch! Ok, then you were slightly worried than me."

" Just don't be so stupid next time, your injuries are bad enough as it is." He said looking at your gaze. You couldn't help but lean in to hug your boyfriend. He stiffened and you almost thought he was going to push you away. However, instead of pushing you away he gently rubbed your shoulder avoiding the areas where you were injured (which he will patch up later).

It was a rare moment of comfort but one your willing to trade gold and Mora to relive all over again.