I still love you

Imagine you and Kai broke up but you still have feelings for him.

Years passed since last time you saw him. The love of your life, Kai Parker. You broke up with him because of what he did on Jo's and Alaric's weeding. He promised you that he will be nice and you trusted him. You loved him more than anyone in this world but you know it was right thing to do.
Where he is now or what is he doing, you had no idea. You heard from Bonnie that she saw him but it was long time ago.

Today would be your 7th anniversary if you still dated, he would probably propose but you will never know now. You now live in your new apartment and it's small but enough for you.

Later that day someone knocked on your door. Elena, you thought. You opened the door and chills spread trought your body.

"Kai", you whispered and he looked at you so scared.

"Y/n, help me please", he said, "I need place to stay, I don't have anyone left y/n", he said and you could hear saddens and fear in his voice.

"Yeah, um, come in", you said and he smiled weakly.

•••••••

Three days passed since Kai came to your house. You took care of him because he was sick and he constantly flirted with you and you didn't want to fall for it, not again. So you decided to tell him what's on your mind.

"Kai", you said and he turned his head to you, "We need to talk", you said and he nod.

"What's on your mind sweetie?", he asked.

"First, don't call me sweetie. Second I... Kai I still have feelings for you, they never left and you know it damn well. I allowed you to stay here because I am a good person and not to get back with you. Please respect that and don't try us", you said and tears escaped your eyes.

He looked worried at you and wiped tears away from your cheeks.

"Don't cry y/n, you know how much I hate when you cry. I came here for you y/n. You are right, I know that you still love me and I love you. I never stopped. I know what I did was horrible and I could never make up for it", he said.

"Malachi Parker has soft spot, I guess Luke's kindness starts to show up now", you said and you both chuckled.

"So, we're you serious about, don't try us part", he said and you shook your head.

"Not at all", you said before he crashed his lips on yours. After many years you could finally feel it. This kiss was magical and you wanted this moment to last forever.

"I love you y/n", he whispered.

"I love you too Kai", you said and peck his lips once again.

"How about we go on a date, I mean, today would be our 7 year anniversary right?", he said and you smiled.

"You remember!", you said.

"Of course I remember", he said and you hug him.

I guess life was not to bad anymore.