Asgard: A Kingdom

Asgard

Arrogance, pride, vanity. The three traits of a young, Asgardian prince as his brother, niece and friends journeyed to the realm of Asgard's most dangerous enemies, the Frost Giants. Or at least that was the way Prince Thor saw it. With hopes that they would leave the planet without bloodshed, the Warriors Three, the God of Mischief and Goddess of Voice all sighed and tensed knowing once someone taunted or mocked the God of Thunder, peaceful negotiations were over. A fight broke out, and the Asgardians all fought off the horde of Frost Giants before being forced to flee to be summoned back to Asgard. Though Thor was having none of it, the Allfather himself exposed his presence on Jotunheim and escaped with his sons, granddaughter and allies.

Never before had the daughter of Loki seen her grandfather so irate with his two sons, more so his eldest. If she was being honest with herself, she was more afraid for her uncle than that of her grandfather as he continued to exchange rage with his arrogant son. Then, she feared what was to become of her uncle: banishment from Asgard with his powers stripped from him, making him a mere mortal among men. The girl looked cross at her father for not provoking aid to his brother, let alone the treachery for deceiving the mission to Heimdall, the watcher of the Bifrost.

A quick walk to her room and Gianna sat in silence over her uncle's banishment. In her mind, she believed it an injustice to not only take from him his powers but banish him to a place where people would deem him insane and imprison him forever. With a quick knock, a senior woman entered the room and shut it quietly behind her as she observed the sullen behaviour of her beloved granddaughter. 

"Cruel, you might say? Vindictive, vain, pompous, perhaps. What your grandfather did was necessary - as much as I disagree." The grandmother said coolly as she sat on the girl's bed with her. 

"If I were queen, I would not have done something so cruel. Leave uncle Thor to fend for himself in a place where people knew nothing of the power we wield." Gianna argued in a soft voice. 

"But you're not. You're only sixteen in Midgard years." 

"But I'm equivalent to that of a two thousand year old Asgardian. I am not a child anymore, grandmother." 

The senior woman placed a hand on the girl's hand and squeezed tightly.

"You are not ready for what's out there. Those Midgardians... they will eat you alive. Not after what happened to your mother. For this reason, is why your father won't let the past die - why he won't relinquish his hate for Midgard."

"What really happened that day?" 

The woman inhaled sharply and braced herself to recollect the event that broke the hearts of many of their people. "Your father was exceptionally... shattered. Loki met your mother by fate. One could say they were destined for each other, only, destiny has a cruel way of putting things together. They lived harmoniously on Midgard in a village in a place called Norway. When people found out what your parents were, they revolted. Normal citizens turned malicious animals, wielding torches, pitchforks, spears; all working together to drive them out or slay them. Your mother... she sacrificed herself to save you. And from that day forth, your father swore that he would never remain within the company of the 'animals' that took the only form of happiness he once had." 

Heartbroken, the girl escalated into a fit of tears with her grandmother there to comfort her. Once the girl was done crying, she was allowed to wander Asgard alone to take her mind off things. From around a corner, a boy a few thousand years older than her appeared with a bouquet of flowers in hand. 

"Ah. Horatio. What a pleasant surprise to see you here." The girl whispered, humbled at the gesture.

"Beautiful flowers for a beautiful lady." The boy said suavely.