chapter 8

''How did i fail that!'' i yell, people turn round to look at me, i would usually care but right now i don't.

''pfft and there's you saying i would fail'' Draco snickers

''shut it Malfoy'' i huff while throwing my books in my bag

''oOoooOo second naming are we now, Waters?'' he snickers "Draco, i don't think you understand, i NEED to past my classes, which means i need to study more then i do " i mumble with my head laying on the desk

" Waters chill out all you have to do is be more like me, naturally clever" he smirks

"i am clever" lifting my head up from the desk and whacking his arm.

"clearly" he says with sarcasm "how about i give you some help...which you clearly need."

"i don't need your help Draco." I huff rolling my eyes at him, the last thing i need right now is Draco helping me with school work, just imagine the comments he would say.

"fine, take it or leave it, im always here Waters" he lifts his body from the table and leaves the common room.

------------------------------------------------------------------

LUNCH

I walk threw the doors to the Great Hall and see Daphne, Draco, Pansy and Blaise who i met in Defence Against The Dark Arts, he's pretty nice considering being one of dracos friends which surprise me.

i walk to the Slytherin table and slump myself next to Daphne on the bench "you look rough Bryn" She says when i sit down next to her "yeah well i have been studying from 1st lesson with no breaks"

Draco snickers infant of me i look up and make eye contact "what you laughing at Malfoy" i comment "How stupid you are...cant even pass a pathetic potions class"

i narrow my eyes at him "shut up Malfoy"

"true though" he shrugs

i ignore the comment and start eating my food of my plate and talk to Daphne, we see Dumbledore about to make an announcement so we stop eating and look up.

"attention Hogwarts students" he shouts"

"This weekend every Hogwarts student will be attending the yule ball, please dress smart and you will all be taking dance lessons this week to prepare." he sits back down and the hall starts to get louder.

"yule ball?" i ask "yeah, we have one every year...the only good thing that comes out if it is wearing the dresses" Daphne says "im hoping Blaise will ask me, but if he doesn't its not a big deal" she says looking down at her plate.

"Daphne! he has to ask you, you two would look great together" i smile "Thanks Bryn "she giggles "we have to go dress shopping!"she says with excitement in her eyes

"im not sure if im going, no one will ask me so im not bothering, but i will certainly go shopping with you " i smile "im sure someone will, your not leaving me with these idiots anyways" we laugh in sync.

_____________________________________

DRACOS POV

i overhear Bryn saying she's not going to the ball with anyone, or even attending, deep down i want her to go with me but i know that if i ask her she will probably give me a weird look and laugh in my face.

maybe as friends? 

i get up from the bench and walk out the great hall and up to my dorm, my owl is sitting by my window with a letter in his beak, i open the window and he flys in and drops the note on my bed.

My dear Draco

The rumours are true                                                                                                                                                                       Your father and i are Death Eaters                                                                                                                                                  We don't want to scare you but you have to come home next week for a meeting with me and your father , that's all i can say right now

Burn this letter once you have read it.

Aunt bellatrix

Me and my mother have always been closer then me and my father before she died, now my father thinks he can control me have power, but I'm done listening to him i don't want to be close with my father or my aunt anymore.   what could the dark lord possibly want with me? why me?

The door swings open with Blaise ,Goyle and Crabe stumbling in from lunch

"Oi Malfoy" Blaise says from across the room "what do you say me asking Daphne for the Ball?"

"Mh, go for it" i say with no emotion looking at the wall taking in what my mother just wrote to me still in shock.

"Settled then im asking her last lesson today, Goyle should ask Bryn" Blaise snickers

My head shoots upon at her name

what did they just say? Bryn with Goyle at the ball?

Not happening.

"what did you morons just say?" i spit, standing up from my bed

"that Goyle should ask Bryn to the-"

"Not happening" i say sternly as i throw the letter under my pillow and grab my robe

"why not?, she's hot as heck man"  Goyle ask while laughing with Crabbe

"don't say that" i say more sternly then before with my fists curling, i turn to the window to distract myself form the idiots.

"she is th-"

Before he can finish his sentence my hands grab the top of his shirt and pin him against the wall. "Goyle, listen to me carefully, you are not taking Bryn Waters to the ball...understand?"  he nods his head quickly and looks towards Blaise who is standing back in the corner of the room away from me.

I drop Goyle, grab my robe and slam the dorm door and make my way to last lesson.