Chapter 10

After dancing with Draco in dance class I find myself having a soft spot for him, I can't help it, I always get myself into these situations when I like a boy and of course he doesn't like me back, I'm trying to hold back my feelings for Draco as much as I can, because I know he doesn't have the same feelings for me.

"Bryn!, Hurry up we gotta get there before all the dresses are gone!" Daphne yells from the bathroom
"Fine fine I'm coming" I mumble into my pillow.
I grab myself out of bed and past Daphne coming out the bathroom, I get dressed into lack jeans and a slytherin jumper thats 3x my size but it's comfortable so I don't care, I my hair and brush my teeth, I head Daphne talking to someone but I presume it's just Pansy or Blaise.
I stumble out the bathroom with my hair dangling down my shoulders, it wasn't Pansy or Blaise,
Draco?
"Bryn, finally your ready" Daphne grabs my wrist and pulls me towards the door, I keep my eyes locked on Draco "wait, why is Draco here?" I ask
"Oh- um...books...school books...homework?" Daphne slightly questions.
"Yeah homework" Draco nods.
Suddenly Daphne shuts the door and pulls me up down to the front of hogwarts and Into the dress shop in Hogsmede.
"Daphne I'm not even going, I don't understand why I'm even here." I huff when I pull my hand out her grip.
"Oh your definitely coming" Daphne nods
"Well it's alright for you, you have Blaise and Pansy...me and Pansy don't get on very well and you and Blaise will be of together all night and leave me at the table guarding drinks" I roll my eyes
"I will not leave you Bryn, your coming and that's the end of it" she smirks
I roll my eyes and push the door open to the shop.
———————————————-
"Red is definitely not my colour" she makes a gaging face as she walks out, I laugh and complement her "it looks nice?" I try but she just rolls her eyes "I'm getting dark green, always look good in that" she nods " Bryn!, Red is definitely your colour! " she exclaims "definitely not" I decline but she doesn't take it and grabs my wrist "your putting this on" she orders. I huff and walk into the changing rooms.
——————————————————

"Bryn your getting it" Daphne orders
"But I feel like it's too bright, you know like, I would rather a bla-"
"Stop...I'm gonna buy it for you if you don't get it yourself so either way your wearing it" she states.
"Fine" I huff
We take the dresses off and and head to check out.

We get back to our Dorms and I see a note on my bed, I put my dress in my wardrobe and open the note.

Bryn,
Meet me at the Astronomy Tower when you get back.

I check on the back of the note and everywhere but it doesn't say who it was from, I ask Daphne but she just shrugs her shoulders and smirks, somethings up, and I know it.
"Well I'm going to head out, I'll see you later Daphne" I tell her before shutting the door, she doesn't say anything but smile.
—————————————-
I walk to the astronomy tower and see familiar blonde hair looking over the railings.
"So your the secret admirer" I snicker and I walk up from behind him.
"Hm?, oh, yeah about that, I wanted to leave it blank because if you knew it was me you probably wouldn't come"
"Probably true" I laugh, a small smile tugging on dracos face.
"So, I heard you went dress shopping with Daphne today."
"Yeah, she made me go, I wasn't even going to the ball anyway but I guess I am now"
"Why not?" He turns to me with a confused expression on his face.
"Well, I didn't have anyone to go with and I didn't have a dress...but now I do so I need to go." I giggle to myself, Draco lightly nods his head "well, you can say no, but I was thinking since you don't have anyone to go with, and believe it or not I turned down girls for this-"
"No way" I gasp in with a fake shocked expression
"Not the point , do you wanna go to the ball with me?" He doesn't make eye contact and looks at his shoes.
"Hm, hard decision" I play
"Oh please, I'm the best your gonna get Waters " he laughs
"I suppose I can squeeze you in somewhere" I smile
We both laugh at each other and talk about random classes and for a bit when he asks "just out of curiosity, what dress did you pick?"
"Just a-....wait I'm not telling you, just wear a black suit" I say to him
"That was what I was going for anyway" he plays with his ring on his finger.
I sigh and turn to the view of Hogwarts.
"It's beautiful up here" I say looking out to the view.
"I know, I come here to clear my head, get away from it all you know"
I hum in response to him.
"We should get back to the dorms" Draco says and he lets go of the railing.
"Yeah we should, thank you for um, you know, asking me to the ball I guess"
"Yeah yeah it's fine" he shrugs
"See you later Malfoy" I say while turning round
"You too Waters"

And with that the night ended.